Forums Latest Members
  1. thinwhiteduke917 Aug 14, 2018

So I just bought an omega flightmaster (910 145.013 1969) that has seen better days for 100$. it has it's original bracelet and original crowns. It's actually missing one pusher. This has been one of the watches i've always wanted to get and as a college student on a budget i'm planning on restoring it little by little with local watch repair services. The watch is working perfectly(keeps perfect time) and the chrono is working as well. I've seen that part availability is a problem and that some parts are really expensive. I'm looking for:
    -The inner dial (since all the numbers have erased)
    -The crystal (since it's really scratched)
    -The lower pusher (it's missing)
    My questions are the following:
    The GMT function doesn't seem to work. I opened up the watch to check this out but i'm not sure what part is missing. I suppose a stem that goes from the GMT crown to the movement? if so what part number is this?

It seems that a generic hand was placed in the AM/PM subdial. i have checked images online and it seems that the hand that corresponds to my watch has a bigger hole yet a small bronze colored piece in the middle which holds the hand, different to the 911 hand which is filled and just has the tiny hole in the middle. Is the subdial missing something? or does this come with the hand if i buy it??

Is the pinion for moving the inner dial obtainable? what part number is this?
    i really want to bring this watch back to life even though i know it will be a tough job. Also, taking consideration that i live on latin america the only resource i have for parts is ebay. are there other pages available for part tracking? I appreciate your help since information is relatively limited with regards to part identification etc.

IMG_8010.jpg
    Edited Aug 15, 2018
    sheepdoll likes this.
  2. zimmerit5 Aug 15, 2018

Hi,
    Just my 5 cents worth. Your restoration project will be a long, tedious, costly but not impossible. Parts like dial, hands, pushers, crystal, movement ring and caseback are available. Parts for the caliber 910 are more difficult to source. Wishing you success in your undertaking. I love the early flight master dials ( 145.013 ). If you are looking at eBay, you could try abouttime-ch, general*vintage and watchadoo.

3. Fatcat Aug 15, 2018

For 100US$ you have done already a good deal, enough fat to rebuild the watch on EBay.

4. propervinyl Aug 15, 2018

@thinwhiteduke917 this watch is well overdue for a service.

Because these are not the easiest to work on, why not send it to someone with a parts account who can replace what's needed and bring it back to good condition?

I've used Nesbits in the US and recommend them without hesitation. Other members have found luck with STS in the UK. Both will run you a little over $900, or more if its totally wrecked.

Just keep the original dial and hands on the watch (except the gmt hand of course).

Or, you could always sell it to me for $200 and make a tidy profit ;)

Duracuir1 and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  5. tyrantlizardrex Aug 15, 2018

STS charged me just shy of £600 for the having my 146.013 serviced earlier this year - that included all the crowns and pushers, and the crystal, along with a full mechanical service.

The internal bezel and some hands will add a couple hundred more.

As @propervinyl very rightly says, do it properly... and I'll add, or don't do it at all.

This is not something you want to half-arse... I know we're talking big chunks of cash out of your student budget here, but saving up to do it properly will pay you dividends in the medium to long term.

Great pickup by the way. :thumbsup:

thinwhiteduke917 and propervinyl like this.
  6. galaxytime Mar 28, 2023

Just curious if you ever completed the servicing on this watch. It sure is a beauty.

7. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Mar 28, 2023

Don’t hold your breath for a response ;) It has been a while since they were last logged on.

5BA99275-0708-44FC-80AB-F87DCBA61F4A.jpeg

Syzygy and Duracuir1 like this.
  8. Syzygy Mar 28, 2023

Not sure you'll see a response...dude was last seen in Oct. of 2018

9. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 28, 2023

For their one and only post...

sheepdoll and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  10. galaxytime Mar 28, 2023

::facepalm1:: Such a newb I am.

picard.gif