Forums Latest Members
  1. monti Apr 24, 2018

Hoping someone can give me a little guidance on purchasing a Flightmaster. Sold prices on Ebay seem to be all over the place. What is the more desirable calibur 910 or 911 What about dial color and hands? I read the professional ones have yellow cadmium coated hands. I am looking to buy a cal 911 145.026 from a guy but having a hard time determining if his price is fair. So far I have only seen a few poorly focused pictures of the watch but am going to look at it later this week and can post some decent ones then. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 24, 2018

Buy now as when "Flightmaster Only" comes out these will go up in price quickly :whistling:

Search here as several good threads

3. FreelanceWriter Apr 25, 2018

I defer to those more knowledgeable, but I'd say roughly $2500-$3500 depending on condition. The yellow hands were an option in response to pilots' needs to read in low light, but there's no "professional" distinction for the watch. The 910s are considered more collectable and are usually a little more expensive and they have a thinner case unless you find a transitional 911 like mine. The 910 has a 24-hour subdial instead of the continuous-seconds dial, making it hard to know whether it's running at a glance. I think the Wikipedia page has plenty of basic info. What's he asking for it?

Edited Apr 25, 2018
  4. TexOmega Apr 25, 2018

Condition of the dial and case peg the price tier of the 910's. I see no pix so can offer no assistance.

Gratuitous cal. 910, mellowed to a luscious chocolate, picture.

cal 910.JPG

neilfrancis and monti like this.
  5. monti May 7, 2018

Ok I went for it and bought the Flightmaster 911. The watch is in great shape and I purchased it off a commercial pilot that bought the watch new. I got the receipt from a service it had about 8 years ago and they replaced one pusher at the time. Hope I didn't overpay :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. monti May 8, 2018

beautiful dial on your 910 I love how it has aged :) Looks like the 910 is a bit smaller than the 911?? I finally posted a few pictures of the 911 I ended up buying from original owner