Forums Latest Members

FS Omega Flightmaster c.911 145.036 £1850

1. d4uk Jun 10, 2018

Trying to refocus my collection and this one just isn't getting the wrist time it once did so have made the decision to list to for sale.

I purchased this flightmaster in January 2015 from a privateer collector/trader, as a bit of an impulse as I loved the quirky look of the flightmaster I still love its looks and it always gets admiring comments. I also loved that it had the yellow sweeping and sub hands rather than the more common red/orange ones.

++I have since been advised that these could perhaps more likely be oranges hands fading towards cream to look more yellow++ either way I find the overall appearance of the dial and hands attractive.

This watch is sold watch and bracelet only, although there is a receipt for a service dated as Feb 2014 which will be included. This service also replaced the pushers.

Condition is generally good with the usual patina to case and bracelet for a watch that is 40+ years old.
    Of course its not a mint collectors condition piece rather a good honest example.
    Case is a little soft from presumably from past polishing but I decided to not have this further polished/re-profiled and remove yet more material.
    There is also what can perhaps best be described as a 'scuff/flat spot' on the case near the 5 hour marker and this is shown on the pictures below. (It was caused by catching the case on my desk, as it sits quite high of the wrist)

Although it's 4 years since service it's running well and keeping good time.

Serial No. 39930XXX
    Which I believe dates it to approx 1978-79 (though have seen others describe this serial range as early 70's)

Link to the Chuck Maddox Flightmaster page http://chronomaddox.com/flightmasterarticle.html

Ref: ST145.036
    Calibre: C 911
    Description: Flightmaster c.911
    Length: 52.25 mm
    Width W/Crown: 45.55 mm
    Width W/O Crown: 42.6 mm
    Thickness: 15.65 mm
    Weight: 139.0 g

FM01.jpg

FM02.jpg

FM03.jpg

FM04.jpg

FM05.jpg

very faint flightmaster & plane logo on caseback
    (as well as the usual 'amateur hour case opening attempt marks!' Not mine)
    FM06.jpg

1162 bracelet
    FM07.jpg

172 End Links
    FM08.jpg

FM09.jpg

FM10.jpg
    caseback
    FM11.jpg

movement and case
    FM12.jpg

closeup of movement
    FM13.jpg

small 'scuff' on the case
    FM14.jpg

I'm looking for £1850.00 to include UK shipping.
    International Shipping available but at cost to the buyer. (exc all taxes and duties)

Terms
    Payment by Bank Wire/Transfer, in UK pounds sterling to my account, or FTF cash deal.

Returns
    While they are not welcomed, I will take it back if you are seriously miserable and very, very nice about it. Obviously you have to pay the shipping, and get it back to me in the same condition as I sent it.

Delivery
    Face to face is welcome, in UK, LE2 or NG16 area (Midlands). UK delivery is by registered Mail, insured to 2500.
    International delivery by Fedex or similar.

References
    I have bought a few pieces on here but have solid refs on ebay and also on watch turf forum where I have again bought and sold a few pieces over the years.

Any questions please just ask.

Edited Jun 25, 2018
    jaguar11 and Brianstoops like this.
  2. d4uk Jun 11, 2018

Description edited to reflect hand colours and condition

3. d4uk Jun 12, 2018

Reduced £1950.00

4. d4uk Jun 19, 2018

bump

5. mr_yossarian Jun 19, 2018

The pictures should all be uploaded here, not hosted on flickr etc. Check the sales rules.

6. d4uk Jun 24, 2018

Apologies I wasn’t aware of that, not sure how I missed it. I will edit the post in the morning when I’m at a desktop and upload the pics onto the site. Thanks for the notice.

7. d4uk Jun 25, 2018

listing editing and pictures now uploaded on OF as required.

Also price reduced!

£1850.00

8. d4uk Aug 20, 2018

BTT