Forums Latest Members

OMEGA Fifth Avenue Invites You to View Baselworld 2017 Collection

1. Omega5thAve Jun 27, 2017

We are happy to announce that select pieces from our Basel 2017 collection are available for viewing at the OMEGA Fifth avenue boutique. We would love to cordially invite you to discover our new novelties.

Kindly note that the 1957 Trilogy Speedmaster and Railmaster will only be available for viewing on Wednesday, June 28th and Thursday, June 29th. Further, the Blue Side of the Moon and Big Blue will be available for viewing at a later date.

We look forward to having you join us for this limited engagement!
    If you have any questions, or wish to schedule a private appointment, we welcome you to dial us at 212.207.3333 or email us directly at [email protected]

We would like to thank our devoted OMEGA enthusiasts for their interest in this event. To ensure a prompt response and necessary care to any inquiries you may have, we kindly ask that you reach out to our boutique directly at 212.207.3333 upload_2017-6-28_18-19-58.png or via email at [email protected]
    Thank you.

Basel Invite.png

Edited Jun 28, 2017
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 27, 2017

It is very nice of you to post this here on OF for all forum members.

3. mr_yossarian Jun 27, 2017

The watches are supposed to be in Berlin then and I'm invited there.. or do you happen to have more than one each :)?

Jwit likes this.
  4. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jun 27, 2017

Wish I could justify making the 8 hour drive to my girlfriend :(

Kreindog24 likes this.
  5. abrod520 Jun 27, 2017

I used to do it in 6 when I went to UB, took the Henry Hudson to I-87 all the way up to I-90 and across

6. Omega5thAve Jun 28, 2017

We would like to thank our devoted OMEGA enthusiasts for their interest in this event. To ensure a prompt response and necessary care to any inquiries you may have, we kindly ask that you reach out to our boutique directly at 212.207.3333 upload_2017-6-28_18-20-10.png or via email at [email protected]
    Thank you.

7. mr_yossarian Jun 28, 2017

Don't be so formal, giggle at least once.

Nitzbar and Bushido like this.
  8. DCheeta Jun 28, 2017

Well done, Omega Boutique! Thanks for posting here among the dedicated watch geeks.

I ran over to the 5th Ave Boutique after work today and was welcomed by the always-cool manager. Back in March he patiently helped me when I was trying to decide between the 60th Anniversary Speedy or the DSOTM. Today he once again took the time to bring out and show me all of the new Basel '17 releases that they had in the store. We sat in the back and talked watches while I tried on watch after watch and asked him countless questions.

Thanks for the great watch session!

My fellow WISs - I'll write a separate post with photos and some thoughts when I get a chance later tonight.

IMG_9130.JPG
  9. mr_yossarian Jun 30, 2017

Well..the most important ones where there today in Berlin..I personally don't fancy the Railmaster too much, but the Seamaster and Speedmaster are very nice because they are like a 2915 and a 300.
    Still..well what is my problem with it?....I do have difficulties to go for something vintage looking that isn't, rather never own a 2915 than go for a thing aimed to look like something that went trough time. I am really open to these releases, but..
    It's just not about the looks or appreciation of the design and bringing it back to life but..why do time capsulas give me more, like tonight when wearing a '67 145.012 and talking with a friend about where this watch that is RIGHT NOW with us, in a bar, on my wrist, might was on this very June 30th, 11:23 pm, 1968, 69, 71, 72, 73...

My approach might be not be yours, but..yeah, so many "buts" as far as I am concerned. I clearly can not live with this watch, as nice as it might be, it's somehow either Vinyl or Digital but not Digital recorded and pressed on Vinyl to give a picture. I'm open to other conclusions but this is it for me now. As said, the release is beautiful but probably aimed to a different audience. Am I too strict or just..me?
    omega.jpg

Meme-Dweller and dsio like this.
  10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 30, 2017

I'd definitely take a correct vintage CK2915 over the new one if given the chance but the new one's 6 figures cheaper which helps a lot. The star for me is the Railmaster though, I love that watch and its simple design (this is the CK2914 version not the other modern looking version). After I'm done paying for the Speedy Tuesday in six months or so I'll be on the hunt for the CK2914 for certain.

Trev and abrod520 like this.
  11. Kazyole Jul 1, 2017

Agree. If I were in a position to own a 2915, I'd probably end up buying it mostly as an investment, and then also one of these LEs to just wear around.

Dunno if I could convince myself to wear a +$150k watch in my daily life, but it doesn't really matter because like 99.9% of collectors, I'm not in a position to own a 2915. This re-edition takes something that's totally unobtainable and makes it accessible to a new generation of collectors. The vast difference in price and availability between the LE and the original makes it acceptable to me.

Now, if in a couple years they do a 105.012 re-edition for a similar price point, then it gets trickier. Then you're talking about a vastly more available 11-12k original vs a 7k re-edition. At that point, I probably wouldn't consider the new watch.

mr_yossarian and Drawarms like this.
  12. DCheeta Jul 1, 2017

Of course given the choice between an original 2915-1 and the reissue, we would all choose the 2915. But that is not a choice that we are given (most of us, anyway), so for me it's not even a consideration. And as Kazyole pointed out, if we were lucky enough to happen upon a 2915 we would most likely lock it away in a safe. The Trilogy Speedmaster is something that I can wear every day and enjoy all of the classic design cues that I love about the CK2915.

Kazyole likes this.
  13. nixf6 Jul 2, 2017

Every time I look down at my wrist I will still admire those original 2915 lines.It's the only way I will be able to wear an iconic watch at a realistic price point as not many of us will ever be able to afford the real deal.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  14. Riviera Paradise Jul 2, 2017

And IF Omega had done a super exclusive set of the re-issue 2915 with the 321 calibre (never happening), I wonder how much they would have sold for?