1. Shaka Apr 5, 2016

meganfox17 likes this.
  2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Apr 5, 2016

Nice examples, aside from the issues.

meganfox17 likes this.
  3. meganfox17 Apr 5, 2016

Hi @Shaka

Ooooo...My favourite topic Omega RAF53 [emoji13]

As the junior most member of the forum i respect the opinions of my Elders & wont be issuing anymore statements.

This is my personnel views[emoji41]
    I love it when everyone here starts disputing me or proving me wrong or just scratching their heads[emoji38]
    Maybe RAAF ex Warrant Officer @JimlnOz can share his input or kick my behind for being such a Jackass !

Most Valuable most sought after RAF53 Omegas are in following orders
    (Lowest --Highest Valued)

Fat Arrow Dials USD1000 -1500
    The ebay prices look OK
    It's just a very good Redial Fat Arrow
    The Seller just made the photos look handsome ..that's all
    [emoji652]
    [emoji652]
    Early Bienne Restoration /Replacement that uses a NOS Radium Thin Arrow dials identical to original dials ! More expensive. Watch Out for that Radium !
    USD 2800- 3500
    [emoji652]
    Later Bienne Restoration used Modern Redials * less expensive
    USD 2200- 2800
    This is like buying a new 63yr old watch![​IMG]
    Fully Bienne restored RAF53 TA
    [emoji652]
    [emoji652]

Thin Arrow Poor Condition
    USD 2200--3200 . Vintage doesnt always mean Good .It's a Sad state because now Omega's Original parts -Nil in Stock
    [emoji652]
    [emoji652]
    Thin Arrow
    ( Pristine condition True NOS not a Redial ) USD 3500-4000
    [​IMG]
    True NOS TA unworn ,Beautiful Isnt it !

● Please correct me if i'm wrong but i think the highest Omega RAF53 ever sold was somewhere around USD 5000. xx

Edited Apr 6, 2016
  4. Kazyole Apr 5, 2016

That NOS thin arrow...jesus that's beautiful...

meganfox17 likes this.
  5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 6, 2016

Isn't that "pristine" TA the same watch where the extract showed that the movement did not match the case reference number?

6. Shaka Apr 6, 2016

Redials? How much do you think these are worth?

7. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Apr 6, 2016

Personally, I have zero expertise on these or any other military watches, but you Ms.Fox are to be complimented on your analysis. I definitely learned some things here. Nicely done!

meganfox17 likes this.
  8. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 6, 2016

What TA pristine like this one :D

Mil issued watches should have had 'a life' and this ones clearly had more than most, I love it

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_0805.JPG IMG_0807.JPG

9. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 6, 2016

Located the thread about that so called NOS TA above - the movement contained in the watch originally left the factory in another case - it's merely a franken constructed from some nice parts rather than a true NOS watch. You have to disclose the full story when posting rather than just parts of the story since in this case it makes all the difference in the world!

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?50355-Omega-53-thin-arrow-N-O-S-never-worn

10. Tom Dick and Harry Apr 6, 2016

I'm glad you raised that one MSNwatch as I was just looking for that post, I did some reading on that 'NOS' watch.

Was the 2777 a civilian version as I thought they were all 2777-1 when issued?

I believe Bill S had one called 'the great white' or something along those lines, basically a pre production Railmaster civilian version. Since then I have seen a few more, I ordered the extract for Matt's Bain's example which came back correct so they are out there. There was also one went through a UK sale room about six months ago which I foolishly forgot to bid on!

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 22.31.41.png

11. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Apr 6, 2016

Have any bona fide NOS RAF53's come into the market in the last decade or two? Or is this a near-impossibility due to the restricted mode of initial distribution? It's easy to see how an experienced collector could become temporarily blinded by even the prospect of such an appearance, just as many scientists were blinded shortly after the initial "discovery" of Cold Fusion in the late 1980s.

Regarding the example cited above, it's highly unlikely there was any intent not to disclose the full story. It was simply a matter of a young enthusiast not having had enough time yet to completely discover the full story. That kind of thing has probably happened to each one of us, at one time or another.

meganfox17 likes this.
  12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 6, 2016

clint-eastwood-nodding.gif

meganfox17 likes this.