Forums Latest Members
  1. raindog68 Jul 30, 2018

Hi guys,

as I recently bought my hummer I was looking for some information about it. After opening it says to be a 198.003 case. On Omega's website the only one I can find is a BA 198.0003 Constellation with a gold case. Clearly there are steel versions of the same watch.

This Constellation as well as my model have (almost) exactly the same dial, the same case and the same caliber (1250), so now I wonder if there are any differences between the two. Also is one of them more rare and valuable (probably the constellation)?

Let me start with two pics of my watch:

IMG_0151.JPG IMG_0146 (Medium).JPG

Found this one on another website but with (almost) the same dial. So what's the difference between the two?

Omega Constellation F300.jpg

Kreindog24 likes this.
  2. omegaswisst Jul 30, 2018

tikkathree and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  3. JackDaniels83 Jul 30, 2018

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 30, 2018

In my experience, the label on the dial makes no difference to value at all. There are some more or less valuable F300 designs, the Speedsonics and SMf300 divers for instance trade noticeably above the more mundane 3 handers but the labels were applied pretty randomly on these, a Connie is not really any better than a Geneve or DeVille in this series, all have some level of water proofing and all have the same movements.

Yours above is one of the nicer designs for sure. Some are rather more challenging to modern eyes!

5. raindog68 Jul 30, 2018

thanks for your replies. Yes, I saw that website (possible found it on this forum). It encouraged me in wanting to have one. It's very nice to actually hear the tuning fork when you put it to your ears. I like the details in red and wear it regularly but could not understand the difference between the different models.
    Am looking at a 198.0006 Connie for sale but guess I'll keep that money in my pocket for now.

6. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 30, 2018

It is tricky to make out I am sure, but my original Avatar pic seen on the left here is of a 198.020 hummer. When I came to the site I was mad for hummers, I have had quite a few, many now moved on and the Geneve shown here is my personal fave. I have now got lost down the vintage Connie and Speedmaster rabbit holes but still have affection for f300s. I probably should change it for something more reflective of the current state of my collection but then no-one would have a clue who I was and not cut my gibbering the slack that familiarity offers.

7. auxpomme Jul 30, 2018

I finally understand what a hummer is around here.

8. Tom Dick and Harry Jul 31, 2018

Throughout the 1970’s the F300 range formed a significant part of omegas collection, they offered a wide variety of models and designs and spanned their entire pricing bracket from entry level (still not cheap) to range toppers in 18K.

They produced a much wider variety of dial variations in the F300 range and many models would have three, four or even five different iteration of dial.

OP, be under no false illusion, whilst F300’s May nowadays be a good entry point vintage omega from a pricing perspective, when new they outpriced their mechanical bretheran in virtually all of their Range equivalents (our prices only by ranges like the megaquartz) and this is reflected in the quality of the Watches. They really are still undervalued but I cannot see that lasting forever as the vintage omega world continues to grow and prices continue to rise, although they will always potentially be hindered in value by the fact they are battery powered.

Lovely watch by the way, I’ve owned many and I. Fact this exact model was the second vintage omega I ever bought about twelve years ago now, since then I’ve opened hundred and I don’t think there is an f300 (with the exception of the SM1000 prototype) I haven’t owned!

Tom

Dug and omegaswisst like this.
  9. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Jul 31, 2018

Here's mine!

[​IMG]

Dug and Kreindog24 like this.
  10. overgrosseren Feb 20, 2020

Very happy with this one in my collection.

IMG_20190129_074602_843.jpg
    Deafboy, Kreindog24 and JackDaniels83 like this.
  11. onyigue Aug 10, 2023

Here’s mine a unique dial I can’t find it anywhere?

IMG_4433.png
    Spruce likes this.