Forums Latest Auctions Members

Omega Expandable Bands? A real thing or fake?

1. dlukask

dlukask Jun 20, 2014

Found one of these claiming its vintage... I kind of want one for a C Case Connie. Would this band end fit that style watch?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. X350 XJR

X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 20, 2014

Quite real, but I don't think these were ever made for a C case Constellation, which are 19-mm.

3. dlukask

dlukask Jun 20, 2014

so would it still work though? I'm not a hardcore purist, but I like the idea of an Omega signed "twist-o-flex" since it was true to the period... If the pin lined up, I would this it wouldn't be that far off...

4. MagicTom

MagicTom Jun 21, 2014

Hello,

Theses bands were made for the Omega Geneve 166.041, with caliber 565

They are 18mm wide, so if the Connie is 19, you will have some space between the lugs and the band.

Here is mine in Stainless Steel with silver dial.
    They are really comfortable and the fitting with the case is awesome.
    The mix of polished and brushed looks also really good together with the case that is also made of polished and brushed.

I have 2 of those bracelets, this one is NOS.

Sorry for the sloppy pictures with the finger prints, etc..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. dragoman

dragoman Jun 21, 2014

They were also used with Geneve Admiralties

[​IMG]

and I suppose that with some other cases, because I've seen them with different endlinks.

By the way, they are a royal pain to fit and remove, as I discovered the hard way. The hard way being buying two just to find out that these admiralties came in two slightly different cases; the manual wound ones have shorter lugs than the other. I ended buying another admiralty that came with the freaking band fitted... but it was way too short to wear. ::facepalm1::

By the way, my wife loves the short braceleted admiralty...

6. MagicTom

MagicTom Jun 21, 2014

Endlink 558 is for the modele I have specified I guess.
    They are quite easy to fit, you need a small bergeon but then no big deal.

7. dlukask

dlukask Jun 23, 2014

So you have two of these expendable Omega bracelets? Would you be willing to put a price on one of them? Does it have all the links intact?

I'd be grateful.

8. dragoman

dragoman Jun 23, 2014

HI, dlikask, I am sorry, but I don't have any of these bracelets available. I got not two, but three, but they are in different states of disrepair.

One is too short for being of any use (other than for my skinny wife wrist, and I know better than trying to cheat her out of the watch that once was mine).

The endlinks of the second one were butchered straight by its previous owner (I must not be the only one who find these endlinks a pain in the derriere, or the only one trying to fit the wrong endlinks into the wrong case).

The third one is the one I will some day take to the watchmaker to see if he is able to fit it into my freaking shortlegged manual wound Admiralty.

If you are really interested, there are now two of these 1122 bracelets on ebay. It is true that I got mine for a fraction of the price, but as you see, I am still waiting to be able to wear them, so, as it always happen in our hobby, trying to save a tenner or two is the best way to end up spending a hundred or more. ::blowup::

9. dlukask

dlukask Jun 23, 2014

No worries. I get it.

What would I search for?

I found one sold by a dude in Thailand, and it looks legit old, not like "New Old Stock" or "Legit Replacement." He wants a lot for it, but I kind of worked out a deal.

10. dlukask

dlukask Jun 23, 2014

Please see my message above...

Also - are the pins interchangeable? Like, can you put new pins in the end links? or are they built into the links?

11. dlukask

dlukask Jun 23, 2014

Would you be willing to sell one of those bands?

12. dlukask

dlukask Jun 23, 2014

Hell, would you ever consider selling that watch?

13. MagicTom

MagicTom Jun 24, 2014

dlukask, I do not plan to sell this watch.

I can sell you the second band if you want.

14. dragoman

dragoman Jun 24, 2014

If you google the reference of the bracelet, (Omega bracelet 1122) you should be fine. The endlinks are not for the long lugged admiralty (that takes 563 endlinks).

Some photos may be handy

Short lugged admiralty
    [​IMG]

Long lugged Admiralty

[​IMG]

Long lugged admiralty with 563 endlinks:

[​IMG]

Seamaster with 558 endlinks:

Seamaster with 1122.558 bracelet.JPG

15. Blued

Blued May 16, 2019

Reviving old thread in 5... 4...

I had a Spiedel strap on my Seamaster, swapped it for a leather band then missed the flex bracelet. Chased down a gold plated 1122/558 and loving it. It's not a perfect fit for the JD165.002 (case diameter is slightly different to the end links) but I'm happy.

20190517_144607.jpg 20190517_144559.jpg