Forums Latest Members
  1. Fredrik (Swe) Dec 8, 2014

Just picked this one up. I'm wondering if anyone else have seen a similar one or if it's a "put together one"?

I've owned the big brass one but I've never seen this one before.

It has two metal plates with "Omega" at the top and "RÄTT TID" (exact time in Swedish). The wood seems "better finished" than just some ordinary lump of wood but there are no markings on the back. Anyone with info about it?

Thanks
    Fredrik

[​IMG]

Dengar, alam, watchyouwant and 2 others like this.
  2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 8, 2014

Love it!! it was probably in some train station or something. Should be on Al's studio.

3. tdn-dk Dec 8, 2014

Hi it looks like my MA 300 8 Days, from af truck/bus/other

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. John R Smith Dec 8, 2014

I would imagine that this might be from an Omega retailer's shop, and was a display clock used for setting the time on watches sold from the shop.

5. Fredrik (Swe) Dec 8, 2014

I would imagine someone coming into a store asking "do you have the exact time?" and the sales man would be able to point to the Omega clock (or which ever brand they were selling). I've seen quite many of the the larger brass ones but never one like this. I would guess that either someone could have used one of the eight-day automobile clocks and put together one with the two metal plates but I find the detail of the metal plate and wood to be "too good" just to be something someone just put together from parts?

6. tdn-dk Dec 8, 2014

Here is another one from Sweden

[​IMG]

Tire-comedon likes this.
  7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Dec 8, 2014

looks good to me. the sloped timber slab indicates a window display....... kind regards. achim