Forums Latest Members
  1. nico76 Aug 30, 2016

I have inherited an Omega Constellation Electroquartz. The watch has spent a good part of the last 30 years in a safe. I've opened the watch to see whether a battery was inadvertently left in and to check for any sign of corrosion. Luckily there was no battery and no sign of corrosion, although the oring seal is almost melted and sticky. I've put in a new battery, but the watch runs too fast. I am not sure if this is because the battery is not correct, or because the quartz needs to be reset. Overall the watch is in good condition for its age. However, I've done some research and I could not find much about electroquartz model with this specif squared design. Do you know more about this and do you have an idea of the ballpark value of this model? Many thanks
    Nico

Omega 1.jpg Omega2.jpg Omega3.jpg
    ahartfie, rogart and Deafboy like this.
  2. omegasaso12 Aug 30, 2016

What an interesting watch.
    How much does it gain? If there is less than a minute a day I assume this caliber can be adjusted.

nico76 likes this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Aug 30, 2016

If you can share the numbers inside the case back, someone will be able to help.

Paging @Tom Dick

nico76 likes this.
  4. lillatroll Aug 30, 2016

Could it be a ladies watch? When looking at Google images I did not come across this exact watch but many of the lady constellation models had the same crown design. The number on the back of the case will tell you all you need to know except perhaps it's value.

nico76 likes this.
  5. tyrantlizardrex Aug 30, 2016

nico76 likes this.
  6. webvan Aug 30, 2016

Wonderful watch that pops up very rarely, love that quartz colored glass!

It's caliber 1302 and while there is a trimmer, it's around +/- 4 spd if memory serves so if it's more than that a new module will probably be required. It uses this weird tuning fork "motor" and some more adjustment can be done there...

I wouldn't trust anyone else than STS in Essex with it, especially since they still have some spare modules I think.

nico76 and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  7. Tom Dick and Harry Aug 30, 2016

echo Webvan

STS is the only place to trust to get this done, give them a call and ask for Simon (Head of Service) he will handle it with the care it deserves.

It is an extremely rare model, less than 500 made (ball park) that said value wise I am affraid it is little over gold value (which is still high as I believe it will weigh in at around 200 grams so £4000 sterling in 18K). You might get £5K to the right collector but it is a VERY acquired case, if I had the money and you had the inclination I would have your arm off for it, I love it.

you might find the following link useful (written by yours truly)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Electroquartz

Ladies watch it is not, that watch is like a house brick, it makes my 18K Megaquartz F2.4Mhz look positively understated! A great watch but if you are not wanting to keep it I would say in current state gold price + 10%

nico76 and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  8. nico76 Aug 30, 2016

Many thanks to all of you guys!! I knew I posted in the right forum and your answers have confirmed it. I will certainly check with STS which was also reccomended by another friend of mine.

The design is fairly feminine and I'd be inclined to say this was designed for the ladies. The watch's weight however may discourage even the fittest of the ladies. Nonetheless I love the modern design and I find the bracelet more appealing and modern than the other Omega Electroquartz watches.