Forums Latest Members
  1. Stephanos Apr 19, 2019

Hello everyone. I have been a member in the forum for only a few months, however, I was aware of its existence for some time and visiting every now and then.

I love watches and have some Omegas - a 2500 PO, a 3570.50 Speedy, a 145.009 Chronostop and a Dynamic.

This post relates to the Dynamic, as I haven't seen that dial before, so I am guessing it is either a service dial or an aftermarket. The characteristics that lead me to that conclusion are the arabic numerals for the hours, what looks like lume dots on the hour markers (two for 3, 6, 9 and 12 o'clock markers). I couldn't find anything similar online in catalogues, in posts in this forum etc.

In general the watch is in pretty good order. The 'tool 107/waterproof' note on the back is quite faded, so the case must have been refinished at one point or another. Crown looks to have been replaced as well as the acrylic. Both look original as they are signed (crystal has the Ω in the centre)

I do enjoy the watch, but if any of the members has any experience or info to share regarding the dial, it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and all the best.

IMG_20190419_141318.jpg IMG_20190419_141331.jpg IMG_20190419_141357.jpg IMG_20190419_143214.jpg IMG_20190419_143222.jpg

Ebuster, Samir and 77deluxe like this.
  2. connieseamaster Apr 19, 2019

I don't think anyone has a complete catalog of all the dials offered on the Dynamic, and there were a bunch. That being said, this might be the first one I've seen with the "T Swiss Made T" at the bottom of the dial rather than inside the seconds track

Stephanos likes this.
  3. Stephanos Apr 19, 2019

Thanks connieseamaster. Also, so many dials on watches for sale, some obviously frankens, some not so obvious, which makes it even harder to know which ones were factory dials.

4. Stephanos May 3, 2019

bump?

5. 77deluxe May 3, 2019

I’m not certain, but I do know for sure that watch looks great. Someone here should know.

Stephanos likes this.
  6. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 3, 2019

Question:

Is it hand wound or automatic?

7. Stephanos May 3, 2019

It's hand wound.

8. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 3, 2019

9. Stephanos May 3, 2019

Thanks for all your help and info! Certainly the presence of the numerals (and those tritium dots?) raise a few doubts. Hopefully I'll be able to get to the bottom of this, to satisfy my curiosity if anything.

10. Stephanos May 3, 2019

Thanks! I really do enjoy wearing it, but part of the joy is finding as much as possible about the watch :)
    Fingers crossed some more experienced members might be able to shed some light on the dial.

11. Natanael Lud Oct 10, 2019

Well, let me put some more doubts on it, then...
    I have received this Dynamic as some kind of inheritance a couple of months ago, and I also haven't seen any dial like this.
    This one is quite similar to yours, but the watch is automatic and have the date function...

Any thoughts?

dynamic.jpg

Stephanos and Samir like this.
  12. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Oct 10, 2019

I think those dials are probably original, but certainly uncommon, a better picture of the dial without that pretty beat-up crystal would be nice. If that's a blue circle I would have expected a blue seconds hand, but anything around the time of the quartz crisis is possible. It also appears the crown is a slightly smaller diameter replacement.

13. Natanael Lud Oct 11, 2019

Yes, it's a blue circle. As I said, I received it as some kind of inheritance, so I don't know much about the past of this watch... But I also think that the seconds hand should be blue, at least according to the pics I have seen in the internet of similar watches...

14. Stephanos Oct 20, 2019

Thanks, that's quite interesting to see another dial with Arabic numerals! Indeed the red seconds hand/blue ring seems odd as they usually match, but still good to know there are other similar dials out there.

15. Claven2 Oct 20, 2019

I can't speak to it OP, but I do like how your dial presents. If fake, it's still good enough to wear for my money.

Stephanos and Walrus like this.
  16. Walrus Oct 20, 2019

image.jpg When I was getting mine I looked around didn’t see many with those titrium dots. Mine also has the blue second hand but I have seen other colors. I’m not implying the dots mean fake I know a lot of different dials were made. I always like the dynamics such a cool 70’s vibe. I ended up grabbing mine as it was another one of those 200 usd deals that pop up from time to time.

Stephanos likes this.