Forums Latest Members
  1. dan02 Oct 19, 2018

Dear Users
    First of all i beg your perdon for my terrible english. I am not mother tongue sorry. I am an old guy from Italy just trying to collect vintage watches that i dreamed from my adolescence.
    I have several questions about a second hand Omega Dynamic I bought this year in Brasil.
    1) I've seen on internet that the second hand usually is blue or, more rare red. Do you think the hands have been replaced on this watch or simply lost the colors? I have found the blue ones but i want to be sure that this reference was born with the blue ones. I confess i have some doubts that the new brith ones will not fit with the discoloured dial but that's another story.
    2) Could someone tell me with was the original box? I have seen round shaped steel ones and squared shaped paper ones. Which is the correct one?
    3) How many papers and which were the ones included originally in the box? I know Omega can give extracts form its archive and maybe this will be the option i will choose.
    Unfortunately this watch isn't working, even if the seller repaired it before sending, but i hope that some watch repairer here in Italy will fox it.
    Thank you in advance for all the kind answers.
    daniel

Omega Dynamic 1.jpg Omega Dynamic 2.jpg Omega Dynamic 3.jpg Omega Dynamic 4.jpg Omega Dynamic 5.jpg
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 19, 2018

G'day Daniel,

We all start our vintage collecting journey in different ways, some people manage to find great watches, some don't.

On the good side, I think your Dynamic is mostly original, but sunlight and maybe moisture in a tropical climate has not been kind to your dial and hands.

The thing is, you have found a vintage watch that can be serviced and worn as a daily beater, it will never be put in a safe or a collectible, but it will give you a smile every time you look at that aged face.

Cheers

Jim

Dan S, michael e and dan02 like this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 19, 2018

And il mio porerer italiano è il tuo inglese.......:D.

Maybe some Dynamic collectors can help you with the box questions.

4. michael e Still learning. Oct 20, 2018

Nicely said,.
    I don’t know why but Morgan Freeman read your words out in my mind, just like when he narrated in Shawshank redemption.

Perhaps I need some sleep. ::screwloose::

JimInOz and Basset Hound like this.
  5. RallyDiverOnly Oct 20, 2018

I have had no luck finding boxes. Some retailers sell these in the Omega Dynamic reissue boxes.

Just a note, the steel bracelet and converter you have is hard to find. If it’s original it is added bonus.

6. Dan S Oct 20, 2018

I agree completely with Jim - this is a watch to be enjoyed as time has made it.

dan02 likes this.
  7. dan02 Oct 26, 2018

Hi RallyDiverOnly
    i have any idea if the bracelet and the converter are original. Someone can help me withit?
    Thank you.

8. chipsotoole Oct 26, 2018

I don't know much about the box. I think the round tube ones you are referring to are for the Chronograph dynamics that came along a decade later. but the polished and rounded case and web dial style is definitely 2nd generation from '72 ish onwards. This fits with the era of the trapezium logo on the bracelet..I didn't know these bracelets were hard to find. I don't think the hands are right, especially the second hand....Dynamics have very distinctive second hands. The dial is pretty far gone, but a day date in Portuguese has to bring the numbers down somewhat to quite scarce. The colours that seem to go for bigger money are 1st Generation green and red as well as the blue and white racing dial design.

dan02 likes this.
  9. Basset Hound Oct 26, 2018

It looks like a second generation of a Dynamic 1 case with a 1022 caliber which dates it to 1972 to 1976. I think that the correct box would be one like this.
    824540D2-6160-473B-BBE0-84CA1B4CC6CC.jpeg

dan02 and Rochete like this.
  10. RallyDiverOnly Oct 27, 2018

Hi,

I don’t know. But I have attached pics of mine I bought on eBay for ~ $100. I am hesitant to pay more but on Offrai website they used to sell originals for ~ $500. While mine looks like a original I don’t think it is. I can’t verify myself but the original I have seen on Offrei looks like the one you have. If you notice on mine the omega symbol is embossed while yours is stamped. The Offrei one they were selling is stamped like yours. This makes me think it’s original.

image.jpg image.jpg
    Edited Oct 27, 2018
    dan02 likes this.
  11. RallyDiverOnly Oct 27, 2018

Also one more difference, yours has OMEGA written on the inside. Mine does not. I suspect it is original. But I can’t confirm.

dan02 likes this.
  12. dan02 Oct 29, 2018

Another time tanks a lot for all the answers. I am looking for other advice if someone can help me. In case i want to find a new dial and new hands where can I look for them? Do this site have the possibility to find sellers among the users?
    Good night.
    daniel

Edited Oct 31, 2018
  13. RallyDiverOnly Oct 29, 2018

I took mine to Omega and they identified the correct dial. The service was $500 with two year warranty. The dial cost extra $200 with two year warranty.This includes replacement of crystal, hands, crown, and all worn movement parts. Polishing is optional. I would recommend if you buy a dial make sure it has lime. Mine now does.

dan02 likes this.
  14. Basset Hound Oct 29, 2018

Dials and hands sometimes appear on eBay

dan02 likes this.