Forums Latest Members
  1. RallyDiverOnly Jun 13, 2017

Does this watch look NOS or polished? Seller claims its NOS? Box does not look original?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. BenBagbag Jun 13, 2017

Hard to tell... pictures are a bit blurry... don't see why this couldn't be NOS. These aren't terribly valuable/uncommon watches to begin with so I don't know what the allure of a NOS one would be.

3. RallyDiverOnly Jun 13, 2017

Well ...for me it's a personal purchase. Aside from that, design is unique and is eye catching on steel band. This also is a 565.

To me, what comes off is the lack of crispness. The curves are not as crisp but picture is not best. Seller sent more pics but very grainy. It's hard to tell.

Also. I noticed the first picture has more crisp edge but second not. The "Tool 107" matches to an original I have (yes, I have another) in location relative to "waterproof". The tool connections are also smaller. However, what concerns me are the edges. There should be more crispness. It looks too round.

The design is forward looking and sits well on wrist. The 565 is also not bad. The domed plexiglass over dial is class.

While it's not a more rarer model. I like NOS pieces as it can only gain value. Yeah, it may not be vintage now but eventually will get there. However, yeah, aside from design and 565 (maybe?) it's not the standout Omega peeps look for ( "man on dab moon" or seamaster 300). However, it seems like everyone has the "Manh on da moon". Also, I don't like chronographs as they feel like an appendage on my wrist.

More opinions welcome. Thanks by the way.

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 13, 2017

Just call it the Moonwatch. You seem to be struggling with 'man on the moon' which isn't a widely accepted description in watch enthusiast circles anyway and will mark you out as a noob.

5. kreyke Jun 13, 2017

You really need better pictures. Then you can see the brush lines and tell if it's been polished.

6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 13, 2017

Also a lot of these were assembled with NOS parts.
    It my not bother you, but it wouldn't be original.
    Has anyone bothered to get an extract for a Dynamic yet?
    Not only the cost would be disproportionate but you would have to take the dial off just to read the movement.
    I do like them.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 13, 2017

No, you don't need to take the dial off. You remove the crystal, pop the crown off, turn the movement, and drop it out of the case. For a watchmaker, this is an easy job to get the case and movement serial numbers. The only time the dial comes off is if you are servicing the movement or replacing the dial...

8. PaulC77 Jun 13, 2017

Hard to see the crisp edge on it that makes it NOS. the back looks sharp but the generally do. I've got a couple of these, on bracelet and strap and they are a fun no worries watch to wear, keep great time and look interesting. They're not worth a lot, at least they weren't, I don't know what they go for now.. but that's not really their point.

9. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jun 13, 2017

Ah

I stand corrected thank you.

10. RallyDiverOnly Jun 13, 2017

Yeah. No doubt. My bad, just every time I think of it j think of Archie. He is the watch ambassador.

Yeah. You remove the crown with a hand remover tool. You use plastic bag to create a vacuum around hole where crown fits. Press bag against hole and pop with needle. The use a syringe to pop crystal. Once crystal pops, use a tool to push dial from 15 mark to 10. Flip case and movement comes out. However, I would not recommend. Take to trained pro. You need to seal crystal again anyways.

11. RallyDiverOnly Jun 13, 2017

Yeah, I can't tell. It does appear to have a brushed aluminum finish I just can't tell. If j go for it, I will review the seller and his product.

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 13, 2017

I prefer the proper tools for this...

[​IMG]

Tool 107, as noted in the back of the case...

Cheers, Al

watchknut likes this.
  13. PaulC77 Jun 13, 2017

That's just taking the fun out of it ;):thumbsup:

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 13, 2017

15. RallyDiverOnly Jun 13, 2017

16. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 13, 2017

17. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 14, 2017

The last thing I'm looking for is "excitement" when servicing watches - I prefer them to be perfectly boring thanks...:)

But seriously using air can be problematic if too much pressure is used, so the proper tools are always the best way to go.

Cheers, Al

marco likes this.