Forums Latest Members

Omega DSOTM OEM Band on 42MM Apple Watch

1. Rex32 Jan 30, 2019

Hello,

I've been a huge Omega fan since I got an Omega Speedmaster 300M years ago, which was unfortunately lost to time :(

Anyway, I've been a HUGE fan of the Omega Dark Side of the Moon watch since I first saw it years ago. Unfortunately, not in my current price range but I must say I absolutely love the sailclotch/leather OEM band. I saw in a post on the forums that the smaller band has a reference # of 032CWZ004250 but I want to confirm which band it is.

The end goal is to give it a go on my Stainless Steel 42MM Black Apple watch! I feel like it would be an awesome combo.

It seems most people use a 24mm band on the 42mm Apple watch but there are adapters to use a 22mm band which I believe the Omega DSOTM uses, correct?

I have found it incredibly difficult to find any info on the band aside from a few posts and people making shoddy replicas - I would really love to buy the real thing.

Could anyone provide some assistance?

Much Appreciated!

Thanks,

Rex

Ps. Hope this is an appropriate forum for this, didn't want to put it in the Omega one.

2. ext1 Jan 30, 2019

Ask an OB, search on the bay, look out for forum listings....easy to get hold of that strap

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 30, 2019

Call your nearest boutique as listed on the Omega website and order it and the clasp. It will fit with a 24-22mm adapter. If you buy the 22mm version. Also make sure it is not fitted lugs. I don’t think omega offers it with fitted lugs but I will not fit if it has them.

There is no discount for these.

4. yinzerniner Jan 31, 2019

Lot of incorrect info in your initial post, most of which could be cleared up with more research.

The DSOTM has 21mm wide lugs and both straps for it have a hard plastic insert embedded into the ends which would require a LOT of work to fit in the Apple watch lugs. I would NOT try to source either the original deploy or tang buckle straps for the DSOTM.

That being said, the OEM manufacture of the DSOTM straps is Jean Rousseau, and they can make you a custom strap with the exact same stitching, inner and outer materials, but in such a way that it works with you Apple watch. They have a few stock options, but they can definitely make a custom to work. Mind you, it will be upwards of $250.
    https://www.jean-rousseau.com/product-category/watch-straps/apple-watch-2/

There are a lot of Apple watch accessories where you can fit regular straps into the ends which you will probably need:
    https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/co...MI9q6js7eY4AIVjL9kCh14hA4EEAQYASABEgIFo_D_BwE
    [​IMG]

And lastly, the material on the outside is cordura and NOT sailcloth. Sailcloth is less abrasive but feels thinner/plasticky, almost more like a tarp. Cordura is a more tactical feeling material, similar to wear-resistant backpacks and jackets.

vbrad26 likes this.
  5. Rex32 Jan 31, 2019

Thanks for the super detailed responses. I've been trying to research this for 2 years and whenever I make progress I feel like I loose it - this is by far the furthest I have gotten!

Thank you so much!

I will let you know how this ends up playing out.

Update: ClockworkSynergy has a very inexpensive option with genuine Cordura and a leather backing, albeit I'm sure it isn't nearly as nice as the Omega/JR one but at only $35 I may give it a shot!

https://www.clockworksynergy.com/sh...r-apple-watch/cordura-straps-for-apple-watch/

Thoughts?

-Rex

Edited Jan 31, 2019