Forums Latest Members

Omega DSOTM 9300 Automatic winding problems

1. pauliusk Sep 8, 2015

Hi,

i had omega dark side of the moon for half a year now, really love it, but now i have ran into problems. Automatic winding and barrels worked perfectly, i have even tested once and the power reserve is exact as it should be. Last morning i notice, that the watch has stopped, after rewinding it starts and works well, only to notice this morning that it has stopped at 6am (i take off the watch for the night) again. I have not changed anything in my routine, i wear it every day but it started to wind down completely. I suspect automatic winding is not doing its job? How could i test it? What else i should do?

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Sep 8, 2015

If you're confident it was fully wound, and still stopped so soon, time to send it in under the warranty.

Let Omega figure it out and return it to you working properly. :thumbsup:

3. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Sep 8, 2015

This behaviour is clearly indicative of a problem with the watch. Time to go to the shop (and hopefully you bought the watch through an "authorized" outlet so that it is under warranty). Hopefully the underlying cause is minor, and you'll have your watch back from the shop in no time. Best wishes!

4. Alex_TA Sep 8, 2015

Make 100 turns with the crown and check it again.

5. jcmartinez98 Sep 8, 2015

if there's any question as to whether it is fully wound, just wind it until it starts clicking.
    there's no magic number. once it's clicking as you wind it, you're done.

6. Alex_TA Sep 8, 2015

Why not 100? It's the magic number [emoji1]
    Look I had the similar problem with my Speedmaster 9300. It stopped twice. In the end I realized that the problem was in my weak activity these days, after a day or two of not winding.

To make it clear: put the watch down- it was for two days in the drawer- low power reserve- wear the watch in front of computer or TV- a lot of chronograph running- stopped.

Not a problem really.

7. pauliusk Sep 9, 2015

The watch started now to stop randomly. after shaking a bit it starts to move again. It feels like the first barrel is always full? i can hear the clicking if thats the click i need to look for (when winding crown as much as i can without lifting fingers i can hear 3 evenly separated clicks). But still, the "barrel 1" is turning. I have tried to fully wound after stopping and from first to the 150th or so turn i could hear clicking and the barrel was turning. Also, it looks like the balance wheel 'travel distance' is varying from medium, to very low. The watch was bought second hand, no warranty :(

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 9, 2015

Sorry to hear this - looks like time for a service. Take to Omega and ask them to check for the brown wear on the mainspring barrels when they service it. If they find that, they might help you out with the cost of service since it's a known issue.

Cheers, Al