Omega double ridged sharkskin - FINALLY found

Hi all,
I have finally managed to source the rare black shark skin double ridged strap with curved ends for my Speedmaster. I have been looking for one for many years! Finally I managed to get one from a very kind member. I have the alligator versions of this style but not the shark, which I think it is more unique. I do have the rare blue version (probably even more difficult to find), not as sharp in terms of texture though. I always wanted the black as it is simple yet highly sophisticated thanks to the unique sharkskin patter and texture. I particularly like the contrast between the smooth dial of the speedy, and the rough texture of the strap. Those are high quality straps, my ridged alligator strap has been on my wrist since 2013, and it is still very presentable. Here are a few images.

Like 10
Very cool. I always wanted one of those too, but I gave up the hunt long ago. Great perseverance!

Like 2
Cheers Donn, it is all about the journey, so keep looking for them. I hope you will get one very soon. Here is the blue one by the way.369F2C30-AF83-49F5-986C-F404834C2855.jpeg AC920350-961F-4977-A17D-12F4406E0089.jpeg
Edited:

Like 1
Very nice! How does sharkskin feel? Just looking at photos I have this idea in my head that the texture would skeeve me out...

Very nice! How does sharkskin feel? Just looking at photos I have this idea in my head that the texture would skeeve me out...
Raw Sharkskin is very rough just like sanding papers (it can actually be used as sanding paper!). However it is usually sanded down during the tanning process, but it will keep its course grain texture if the designers wish (like mine). The strap surface in the above pictures is relatively smooth just like alligators, but all these “grooves” are actually hard, contours like texture. It is very comfortable and feels durable and quality. However, from my experience they clearly differ from grade to grade. A pair of sharkskin boots might cost you thousands but will last a lifetime. I have a cheaper shark strap that looks rather thin, dry and fade (from new) with no strong texture. It is still very durable and scratch resistant though.

Hi all,
I have finally managed to source the rare black shark skin double ridged strap with curved ends for my Speedmaster. I have been looking for one for many years! Finally I managed to get one from a very kind member. I have the alligator versions of this style but not the shark, which I think it is more unique. I do have the rare blue version (probably even more difficult to find), not as sharp in terms of texture though. I always wanted the black as it is simple yet highly sophisticated thanks to the unique sharkskin patter and texture. I particularly like the contrast between the smooth dial of the speedy, and the rough texture of the strap. Those are high quality straps, my ridged alligator strap has been on my wrist since 2013, and it is still very presentable. Here are a few images.
@Taki Can you please share the reference number of this beautiful strap? Also of the alligator one please (pics would be amazing!)

Amazing strap.
very aggressive looking, vintage feeling at the same time.

Wear it in good health.

Huh, didn't realise how uncommon these were (unless only the curved end ones). The thickness and rigidity of the strap do demand something relatively chonky. Here's my blue version on the only 20mm "Omega" in the current rotation:
IMG_6259.jpeg

Like 1
Cool looking strap and one of the strap materials that I haven’t tried. I’ll have get one, but for my money teju lizard is beautiful, durable and a value that’s hard to beat.