Forums Latest Members

Omega Diver 300M Bracelet re-sizing

1. karlwb Sep 4, 2016

Hi chaps,

I have the Omega Diver 300M 212.30.44.50.03.001 with the 1617/751 bracelet.

I have a problem with my wrists swelling up during the day; my watch can go from quite loose on the wrist to just being a bit tight, however when it's tight I'm still able to get my little finger between the bracelet and my wrist, just.

I'm a bit worried that when it does get a bit tight I'm damaging the bracelet or its going to snap a pin or something.

I do have a spare full link supplied by the AD I got the watch from, I could get another 1mm if I install this and remove the two halves that come in the watch, but when my wrist is small I'll be able to spin my watch around my wrist, especially as the days are getting colder.

My two questions are:

1. How likely is it that I'll damage the bracelet when it's a bit tight given the above conditions?

2. I'd like to experiment with re-sizing the bracelet myself as the AD is miles away. I have the correct screw drivers already for the end caps but do you need to use any sort of thread locking fluid on the screws when you install them. I don't want it to fall to bits!

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Karl

2. wsfarrell Sep 5, 2016

1. Very low chance of damaging the bracelet by wearing it tight.
    2. I wouldn't use thread locker on the screws. You (or someone else) might want to readjust the bracelet later, and you might end up stripping screw slots.

karlwb likes this.
  3. jud Sep 5, 2016

I just changed my old clasp out for the micro-adjustable clasp. I was going to start a thread on it as I took pictures, but here is the thread where I go all of the information:
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/ha...-one-3169074-3.html#/topics/3169074?_k=8zex9g

I called the Atlanta boutique and ordered part number 117STZ001154, they shipped it to my house for less than $150 all in. My 300M was one of my favorite watches and the new clasp has moved it further up the list.

karlwb likes this.
  4. karlwb Sep 5, 2016

Hi Jud,

That looks like just the job! I'll note the part number and enquire of the AD how much one of these would be.

I would have liked to have kept it original (with the diver extension) however my variable wrist thing is such a problem I might not have a choice. Good thing with my other watches is they either have micro-adjust on the bracelet or I don't mind doing the links myself.

Did you end up using any thread lock on the screws in the end? if not do you have any issues with the screws coming loose? I might just go with swapping my current links over to get the extra 1mm and see how that is. if not then the 117STZ001154 clasp really does look like the answer.

Thanks for your reply.

Karl

5. jud Sep 5, 2016

Karl,

I did have to heat a couple of screws with a lighter to get them out. I did not put any thread lock back on them as it was still there. I have had no trouble with screws coming loose, knock wood. You will still have the old clasp if needed.

I also used to alternate between one and two 1/3 links on my bracelet, now I have no more removable links left, so the new clasp is slightly longer. I highly recommend the modification. Best money I've spent in a while.

Good luck,

Jud

karlwb likes this.
  6. karlwb Sep 6, 2016

That great Jud,

Thank you very much for your help on this.

Cheers.

Karl