Forums Latest Members

Omega Deville Prestige help, warranty Legitimacy Issues

1. sairy Feb 24, 2016

Dear my friends

When I searched on Google, Watchuseek and some forums, I saw some watch sale ads come with a warranty card has REF code begin by letter O. Does Omega have these warranty cards? I saw many times when searching for preowned Omega watch and do not know they are authentic cards or not? I need your help my friends.

Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. sairy Feb 24, 2016

I want to buy This preowned Omega Deville Prestige 424.20.37.20.001 with diamonds. The seller has all cards and boxes but I saw some strange thing of the watch. I posted this topic to look for your help before send him the money. Thank you all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The warranty card Ref code with O letter:
    [​IMG]

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 25, 2016

4. sairy Feb 25, 2016

Dear Foo2rama.

I want to post in a topic like this:
    Don't fall for a fake vintage Omega!
    https://omegaforums.net/index.php?threads/Don't-fall-for-a-fake-vintage-Omega!.6235/

Because it will be correct thread to discuss about the Omega but they are vintage and I do not know which topic for modern Omega help. Sorry to post many topics

I want to make sure the cards are original from Omega or that's fake cards? I bought this Omega from a seller on bay so I do not sure much about the Omega I bought. I sent him payment and wait the watch delivery in next few days. After that I will take to Omega to check for sure. Thanks

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2016

The watch look legitimate, but the photos are so poor that it is difficult to say for sure. You need better pictures and the watch serial number.

6. sairy Feb 25, 2016

Here is more pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. YurRomeo1 Feb 25, 2016

The cards look OK to me. I have had many with cards begining with O. Here is an example of I sold some time ago, just the first one I found.

IMG_9215.JPG

sairy likes this.
  8. nmttd2 Feb 25, 2016

Pictograms cards do not have the O on the cards. That international warranty card sometimes comes blank where the retailer can fill them in. Some come preprinted. I think it varies from the retailer that Omega sold to. I don't know how Omega boutiques are but maybe they were preprinted on there. The O in front of the ref is always on the small omega tag where the barcode is. The O is part of the ref of all Omega watches.

sairy likes this.
  9. sairy Feb 25, 2016

Thank for your help. That make me no more worry about the watch. If I can I will post several pictures when it delivery.

10. sairy Feb 25, 2016

Extremely beautiful watch.

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2016

I've actually never seen the precious stones certificate card before (due to never owning a diamond dial watch) that's kind of interesting, wonder if that's a legal requirement some places or if its just to put the buyer's mind at ease over conflict diamonds.

12. sairy Feb 25, 2016

The back of stones certificate card usually comes with the gems information, the clarity, quantity, color, cut, carat... If will post you more pictures when I have them.

13. ulackfocus Feb 25, 2016

If you ain't a pimp, you might be a ho. :eek: ::stirthepot::

Nitzbar likes this.
  14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 26, 2016

Glad you took my advice and consolidated your threads and asked all of your concerns.

Is it me or is that a decent amount of wear on the bracelet for a 6 month old watch.

15. demollo Feb 26, 2016

The cards are totally fine.

16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 26, 2016

Serial number 86978572 is for a ref. 42420372058001, and matches the model you have. That serial number is fitted with a Cal. 2500D, so the most reliable of the 2500 versions.

Everything looks legit...

Cheers, Al

17. thatonewatchdude Mar 2, 2016

The O stands for Omega, then the ref. If I were you I would ask about receipt info and the exact date of purchase because as of right now that warranty may or may not be in effect still, if they do not have purchase history on it find out which boutique it came from try to source it because the visual date on that card can easily be rewritten and it seems to have a lot of wear on it so I would be very cautious.