Forums Latest Members

Omega deville prestige: anything suspicious?

1. mssquirrel Sep 2, 2013

I recently got this de ville prestige watch (with diamond bezel). It's my first omega. I got it from a store that is relatively reputable (I have read numerous posts about this store) but of course it's not an AD. so I still have a doubt in my mind. I went to a local omega AD and was told that from the appearance of this watch, nothing looks suspicious. I was also told that even though things look fine outside it doesn't necessarily guarantee the inside (the movement) is authentic. To get a second opinion, I went to another local jeweler and asked to have a couple of watch links removed in the meantime. Interestingly, the jeweler asked specifically where I purchased this watch and mentioned that some watch links are movable while others are not, which looks suspicious to him. I was in a rush so I didn't ask what he means by "movable". Does he mean some links can be removed (those with tiny holes) while other not? I figured there are many experts on this forum and I would like to ask your guys opinions. Pictures are attached below. Any red flags?
    image.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg image_2.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg image_4.jpeg

2. ulackfocus Sep 2, 2013

Can't help with your watch except to say that some links are removeable at the ends near the clasp, while others closer to the watch head are not.

Nice choice of screen name - you either have been keeping up with the activity here or you dumb lucked into a forum theme. :p

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 2, 2013

I believe it is a legit watch. Could you take picture of the case back closer?
    Is that a MOP (Mother of Pearl) dial? Looks very nice. As Ulackfocus said, in most Omega bracelet only the few links near clasp that could be removed.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 3, 2013

Looks perfectly legit.

Omega De Ville Prestige Quartz Ladies
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The De Ville Prestige can easily be considered the most traditional watch in Omega's line-up. The round cases are sleek, slender and sophisticated. The use of Roman numerals accentuates the classic look, while the optional addition of diamonds can add a glamorous twist - if desired.
    DV_Prestige_Ladies_teaser_453x159.jpg

5. Bo Elmin Oct 16, 2013