Forums Latest Members
  1. Scrivo151 Aug 3, 2015

Hello All,
    Im new to horology and collecting watches with my nan passing down some amazing pieces to me and being young im wanting to know more about them and how they work.
    I have a 1969 omega deville with a 1002 calibre movement in it, in-which when I roll the movement to say a 45 degree angle the second hand will jump to the downside angle it is on and then start moving again.
    Also it has a 3 position stem (1st position wind)-(2nd position rapid date correction)-(3rd position stop second, and hand setting) positions 1 & 2 work but I cant get it into position 3 to change the hands.
    Any knowledge you can pass on to me would be greatly appreciated
    Kind Regards
    Brandon

2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Aug 3, 2015

Good on you for wanting to learn more about the workings of watches and welcome to the forum.

The cal 1002 was a problematic fast beat movement that was later modified into the calibre 101X series. Some calibre 1002s however did undergo a factory 'fix' when taken to an authorised service centre while still under warranty. It sounds as though there is definitely something wrong with the setting mechanism. I would not have the watch running until seen by a watchmaker.

Maybe Al, a contributor to this forum, may wish to share his experiences of getting cal 1002s to run again.

Cheers

Desmond

3. vlaspri Nov 24, 2019

Cannot express how happy I am that I found this post! Thank you mondodec for explaining movement issues with cal.1002. I was just thinking about buying one square DeVille with that one inside.