Forums Latest Members
  1. odinomega Nov 27, 2015

I've recently bought this watch but didn't think to get any confirmation of its authenticity (stupid I know)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181921933560Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 27, 2015

Hello and welcome
    What has your research uncovered? Do you have any specific reason(s) to be concerned?

Willem023 likes this.
  3. odinomega Nov 27, 2015

Thank you for the welcome and the reply to my thread.
    I have no specific concerns persay however I just would like to be 100% sure that its authentic, the seller seems legitimate. If anything I've let a concern of a friend fester in my mind.
    Ive had a brief look on the internet and seen a few good signs for example the stamps wanting to be on the inside of the casing ect. I'm aware the battery has been modified I we could just like a bit more specifics ony purchase ect and if I've paid over the odds thank you

4. Canuck Nov 27, 2015

Paid over the odds? The definition is obscure to me! But you might be asking if you paid too much? I have been known to spend what might be considered "too much" by others, for a watch I really wanted. The adage applies: "If you like it, buy it!" I don't see a long line up when these earlier Omega quartz watches are offered for sale. I own one as well, and I quite like it. But parts are a problem when they need work, so I am certain many collectors avoid them for that reason. And the time re-set function on these has never been very popular. Even when the watches were new, Omega dealers complained to Omega about the stupid re-set function. As a result, I think Omega only produced these for a short time, likely in the early to mid 1970s. Nice watch. Enjoy it.

5. Crossfire Nov 28, 2015

This watch looks great and fully corect.