Forums Latest Members
  1. Rahkshi007 Feb 22, 2016

Hi guys, the photo is the Ceramic/Titanium Deployant Clasp for the DSOTM. The "red circle" is the part that it can easily scratch the side wall of the leather strap when you try pull the strap out of its current "hole".. Anyone faced this problem before and how to avoid scratches occurred at the side wall of the strap ?

[​IMG]

Edited Feb 22, 2016
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 22, 2016

Not made for strap changes as often probably.

Both of you guys set yourself a avatar.

blufinz52 likes this.
  3. uvalaw2005 Feb 22, 2016

Yes, I have that problem with Omega's clasps. Best I can do is be very careful to insert the strap at a bit of an angle to get under one side, than gently squeeze and angle it under the other. Easiest to do with Omega's rubber straps, of course, but I've had a fair amount of luck with leather as well. As Standy says, though, best thing to do is just not swap the strap very often.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 22, 2016

You could sand the sharp edges,...At your own risk.:cautious:

5. yinzerniner Feb 22, 2016

The best method to avoid undue wear at the highlighted contact points is to use a "bend in middle" method of inserting and removing the strap from the clasp. As long as you're not constantly and recklessly rubbing those small contact points into the top of the strap there's almost no chance of accelerated wear since once the strap has been inserted and secured it barely moves at all, especially with the newer style Omega straps that come with the rubber surround a the holes.

wsfarrell likes this.
  6. alam Feb 22, 2016

Yup! This is the technique I follow, I'm not overly concerned with scratches to the strap but sure is the easiest method to loosen/tighten the strap when changes in weather forces me to…

7. ulackfocus Feb 22, 2016

Well, there's actually two problems. The first is that it's a deployant clasp. The second is that if your deployant clasp has the clap you should get it to a doctor for treatment.

Or are you saying Omega claps when you're sent on deployment by the military? While that isn't exactly a problem, it is a little insensitive of the company I guess.

8. alam Feb 22, 2016

By the way, your readiness status changes to non-deployable if positive for clap :cool:

meganfox17 likes this.
  9. Rahkshi007 Feb 22, 2016

Sorry for the typo for the "Clasp", The term "deployment" I saw it from several online store and other forum.. Thanks for your correction.

10. ktc Jun 12, 2016

Couldn't find instructions for removing the clasp to potentially put it on another strap... is it a spring rod on the part that's attached to the strap?

11. keepitsimple Jun 12, 2016

"Deployment" is a perfectly correct term in English - meaning a spreading out, as in the example of deploying troops. It might be different in American - I don't have a Webster.

Deployant - which to be correct should be boucle déployante - is the french term for a type of buckle which unfold/spreads out.

Edited Jun 12, 2016
    EatMan, Which Watch Next and Skyfire like this.
  12. keepitsimple Jun 12, 2016

Yes - it is a spring bar.

13. guelerct Jun 12, 2016

Deployment and depolyant are interchangeable terms in the watch world.
    Thank God for spelling police from around the globe.

EatMan likes this.
  14. keepitsimple Jun 12, 2016

Aaah - we now have a third option

Clearly we need to be ever watchful :):)

Skyfire likes this.
  15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 12, 2016

True but only one is correct.

16. lillatroll Jun 12, 2016

Don't listen to a squirrel, deployment is perfectly acceptable for people who can speak the Queens English. Ruffians from New Jersey can hardly pronounce a sentence correctly let alone use the correct term for a clasp thingy.::bleh::

EatMan and GBTRIUMPH like this.
  17. GBTRIUMPH Jun 12, 2016

That is what we call a "doomafloppy" in Texas. Please add to your lexicon. It is decidedly NOT the Queen's English as that would refer to an article of women's lingerie ...I think...maybe...