Forums Latest Members

Omega De Ville Tourbillon (5923.30.32)

1. jcs2000 Apr 13, 2019

I have been collecting watches intensely for about 4 years. My first major purchase was an Omega Speedmaster with an aventurine dial and moonphase complication (3876.50.31). Branched out into other brands generally emphasizing watches with complications. While Omega is most strongly associated with all things Speedy, they are also known for producing central flying tourbillon (“windmill”) watches. Technically difficult because placing the escapement in the center of the watch necessitates relocating the gears for the hands to periphery of the watch case.

This version is in 18K white gold and features a radiating hand engraved guilloche cream dial. Has a 45 hour power reserve. 39 mm in size but with great wrist presence given lug to lug of 49 mm. The toubillion cage is hand finished and features an Omega symbol that rotates once every 60 seconds. Two transparent sapphire discs track hours and minutes. The caseback is engraved with Chronos the Greek God of Time. CSOC certified movement. Enjoy.

T01.jpg T02.jpg T03.jpg
    Earl, Hzgm, savio.79 and 7 others like this.
  2. durri70 Apr 13, 2019

Beautiful ! What’s that crown on the back case for?
    Thanks

3. jcs2000 Apr 13, 2019

Good catch. It is used to the set the time. The main crown is used only for winding. This reflects the gear train placement with the tourbillon being in the center.

4. Evitzee Apr 13, 2019

Very impressive, thanks for the post and pics. What kind of accuracy are you getting so far? The only tourbillon I had was a JLC and its timekeeping wasn't all that stellar, about +6 seconds / day.

5. ericmtl Apr 13, 2019

Wow congrats, first time I get to talk with a Omega Tourbillon owner, does it get noticed alot ?,
    I missed one at auction a few years back it ended at 28k, really wish I would have pulled the trigger , I stopped at 26k, but even with the buyer's premium it was still a steal, never saw one it that price range since.

6. ericmtl Apr 14, 2019

Here is the tourbillon in action:

durri70 likes this.
  7. durri70 Apr 14, 2019

Thanks for the information , I knew about the same system from a Patek but that had one crown only

8. jcs2000 Apr 14, 2019

I have not done rigorous timing checks but it seems on point. The tourbillion was developed to improve accuracy but I think it is now acknowledged it really doesn’t improve timing performance. The value is in the aesthetics.

9. jcs2000 Apr 14, 2019

The only watches that I wear that ever get noticed are from Rolex. Such is life.

ericmtl likes this.
  10. starcraft Apr 14, 2019

It is like one of omegas grail watches.
    Although I personally get cknfua d between deville and constellation lines