Forums Latest Members
  1. Gka Dec 25, 2016

Hi all

Been looking a bit at a Omega De Ville from 2007. Really love this model. Been thinking about getting a vintage one but seems a lot easier to just get a newer one for now and avoid all the potential pitfalls that comes with a vintage. https://www.chrono24.no/omega/de-ville-prestige-automatic-37mm--id4834007.htm

Looked it up on the Omega site ( https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/de-ville/prestige-co-axial/48003002/ ) and the one on Chrono24 seems to be legit. Has a different coloured dial but I guess that particular one is not shown on the official site as it is discontinued.

This one looks perfect and is from a trusted seller with 12 months warranty. Got a response from them confirming that everything is original and it comes with box and papers. Was serviced 3 months ago. Is there anything I am overlooking here, and does the price seem fair?

Thanks in advance and a merry Christmas to all!

2. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Dec 25, 2016

No red flags, but not something that makes me smile either... Imho a rather bland formal watch for too much $ (and prob. Difficult to sell).

I'd rather have a look around the FS section here for vintage... For 1k you can do *way* better and have $ for service on the side - and a watch that you most likely can sell for the same $ you bought it ;o)

Gka likes this.
  3. Gka Dec 25, 2016

Thanks! Definetely been considering vintage, but sometimes a bit hard to know when it comes to polishing, painted dial, unoriginal parts and the like. Hard to spot a good vintage from a not so good one when you don't know that much about watches...

4. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Dec 25, 2016

Just ask here, the community is better than any insurance...

The FS section here is the cleanest place on the internet - non disclosed redials WILL be called out ... And if you want a watch as daily driver a good redial (at lower price) is a good starting point.

And get an avatar (sign of commitment)... :thumbsup:

Gka likes this.
  5. Gka Dec 25, 2016

Will do! Cheers ☺