Forums Latest Members
  1. Bartlebobton Oct 2, 2017

Hello...

My first post...so be gentle with me.
    I have a soft spot for these watches and the varients... I buy the odd one, my girlfriend then typically lays claim it, or I sell it. I think these watches have stood the test of time, aesthetically the design is as relevant today as it was when they were first made, it think it would be fair to describe them as a fashion watch...

Currently I have two watches, so that helps when comparing the two. The one with blue dial, I am 100pc confident with, but the other one with the champagne dial I am not so certain of. I have never seen one with a dial this colour, under a loupe it looks original, it doesn't look like a "touch up"...the stick hands are a different story, the proportions look wrong, the minute hand looks too short. The xstal of the watch with the blue dial protrudes from the case around 3 to 4mm while the one the champagne dial is a little less, though doesn't feel plastic like. Both watches keep good time.

I have downloaded, from the Omega website the back catalog, but from my understanding not every watch is listed and variants exist. These are the words of Francesca Grima...(I guess most of you know this)
    My father's collection for Omega was made in very limited edition and all the watches were produced by hand in my father's workshop with Omega movements. There was an agreement that Omega would make "dérivés" after the Grima collection, inspired by it. This is one of those watches and therefore not from the original About Time collection but from the Omega dérive collection.

Any views ...opinions much appreciated.

BB

bluedial.jpg champ2.jpg champagne dial.jpg
    Edited Oct 2, 2017