Forums Latest Members
  1. theboychild Apr 19, 2013

Hello! I'm new in this forum and I'd like to ask anybody's opinion about the authenticity of this particular vintage Omega De Ville watch. It's circa 1972 gold capped case. I've posted several photos of it for everyone to view and to take a closer look at this piece. I would appreciate your insights. Cheers!

WW_Omega_de_vill_slim_1.JPG WW_Omega_de_vill_slim_3.JPG WW_Omega_de_vill_slim_4.JPG WW_Omega_de_vill_slim_6.JPG WW_Omega_de_vill_slim_8.JPG WW_Omega_de_vill_slim_10.JPG

2. ulackfocus Apr 19, 2013

Can't quite see the serial number at the top of the movement photo, but 1972 was certainly within the realm of the caliber 62x series. Here's what the Omega Vintage Database shows:

111.077.jpg

Looks okay so far, but I couldn't say the dial is original or not because those fonts are easily copied.

theboychild likes this.
  3. Wheels Apr 20, 2013

As I said in the other forum, it's legit. It appears to have a little water damage but all the fonts and placement look correct when compared to AJTT. movement is also correct.

theboychild likes this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 20, 2013

Its not a highly sought after model but there's no reason why not, its a nice watch with a strong movement. And as stated above nothing looks untoward, condition just isn't the best.

theboychild likes this.
  5. theboychild Apr 20, 2013

I appreciate all the feedback! cheers!