Forums Latest Members
  1. skorppio Feb 8, 2020

51A566ED-8BB4-4938-8655-8C5F8EDCFF93.jpeg 4257BEEC-14AC-45A9-BBA3-02B197969A7B.jpeg A548E7F9-6B4F-4D6D-9378-45FD976C8C45.jpeg AD8670C6-34A3-4C31-8398-9C651912F427.jpeg Hello everyone, i’ve a watch from my friend of mine (or blood friend), he have donate to me.
    Btw i‘ve some doubt about it.
    the bracelet is from the original period of the watch and are of this model?
    The dial was redial in accurate mode, but it’s the real dial or not?
    What are original from the epoch and where are changed? And the real age of the watch? sorry for my english. ;)

i post the foto’s, and thanks for support.

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 8, 2020

Hi -

It's difficult to say exactly what the dial originally looked like, there were many different variations, although the printing on this one is completely incorrect.

The bracelet is also not one which would be expected on this reference.

The watch itself, movement and case look nice and correct.

Do a Google search for Omega DeVille 165.008 and you will see the variety of dials.

3. skorppio Feb 8, 2020

Thanks for your reply X350 XJR,
    Btw i’ve searched for Hours, and i’ve Finded only movement, case, and bracelet ref. 12 for this model.
    The ref. 1125 refer to model omega mark ii or something.
    this is my first beautiful vintage omega, and i love it.
    the question is: i need to change bracelet With a Leather (lizard or croco) and i find the original dial from eBay / vintage market of sunday (here in italy i think find something at +/- regural price) to restore the original beauty of the watch?
    Or i try to change bracelet With Someone and i’ll try to find With this change the pieces i’ve wrote up this question?
    The vintage for me it’s a new world and i love it!
    Take me your consideration. what would you do?

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 9, 2020

Finding an original dial will be difficult. Perhaps you could find a watch with a damaged case but with a good dial on eBay.

I would just put a nice leather strap of your choice on it and enjoy it as it is.

chronos likes this.
  5. skorppio Feb 9, 2020

Be sure it’s hard to find the dial, i’ve time and patience. for now the watch has been serviced, had the spiral attached and crooked, it was at least 15 years in the drawer. It cost me $ 60 more or less.
    I really love it, but I would like to make it original in all its parts. I admit that it is very ambitious as a project, but if you do not set a goal .... in all cases I hope to do it without spending a fortune!