Omega de Ville 162,045 cal. 1002 - 1970

My 1970 Omega de Ville started to increase by about 10 seconds every minute. And sometimes even more, in an hour it increases to almost 20 minutes .

Before sending it to the factory for a quote, I would like to know if from your knowledge if it will be something relatively easy to repair or can I expect problems..

As I'm from Portugal, there aren't many possibilities to send the watch anywhere other than to the Factory.

Thank you all!

My 1970 Omega de Ville started to increase by about 10 seconds every minute. And sometimes even more, in an hour it increases to almost 20 minutes .

Before sending it to the factory for a quote, I would like to know if from your knowledge if it will be something relatively easy to repair or can I expect problems..

As I'm from Portugal, there aren't many possibilities to send the watch anywhere other than to the Factory.

Thank you all!

Is it magnetized? If so this could be an easy thing to fix at home. Just order a demagnetizer.

Is it magnetized? If so this could be an easy thing to fix at home. Just order a demagnetizer.

Thanks for your kindness. Can you please tell how do i know if it is magnetized?

If it suddenly started running very fast, that’s a decent indicator. But if you Google it, you’ll see there are ways to check with a compass. Or you can just order a demagnetizer (they’re not super expensive) and use it and see if that fixes the issue.

Also: any watch repair shop at the local mall (or that type of place) should have a demagnetizer and should be able to do it for you for a small fee. It takes literally a couple seconds.

This may not be the issue—and the watch may be overdue for a full service anyway. But it’s an easy thing to eliminate.

Also: any watch repair shop at the local mall (or that type of place) should have a demagnetizer and should be able to do it for you for a small fee. It takes literally a couple seconds.

This may not be the issue—and the watch may be overdue for a full service anyway. But it’s an easy thing to eliminate.

Thank you. I will give it a shot!