Forums Latest Members
  1. ChrisC85 Feb 10, 2017

Hi guys,

I purchased a vintage 1365 and unfortunately it arrived in a non working state (even though it was advertised as fully working), It's totally dead. I understand this does not have a traditional crown, instead it has a push button. I followed online videos/tutorials to change the time but absolutely nothing.

eBay link to the actual watch purchased:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182436726737?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Also I noticed it's advertised as an automatic? even though it says Quartz on the back. Seller confirmed it is not battery powered in an eBay message.

Anyway, if somebody could shed some light on possible reasons why it's not working and why I am unable to change the time on it using the push button I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

IMG_0608.PNG IMG_0609.PNG IMG_0610.PNG
    john33g likes this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 10, 2017

If it's a 625 that means it is a manual wind watch and should have a stem and crown poking from the side of the case at 3 o'clock.

Your's looks to have a button which means it's battery powered and as there are no movement shots it could be that the movement is toast from a battery leak.

The seller already knew it was a dud with his bullshit comment:

"Upon receiving this may need few hours to a day to get the energy back into the movement."

Return it as fast as you can as "not as described".

ChrisC85, ChrisN, Vicke and 1 other person like this.
  3. ChrisC85 Feb 11, 2017

Thanks for the info. I shall send it back to the seller :)

4. john33g Mar 15, 2023

5. john33g Mar 15, 2023

yeah the seller is a douche. they knew exactly what they were doing. Ebay needs to get rid of those types.

6. Pastorbottle Mar 15, 2023

Sounds like the seller took the liberty of bullshiting you.
    As it is battery powered it won’t adjust if the battery is flat.
    From memory you hold the button in for around 5 secs and the push it in again to adjust, either holding it in for a large adjustment or repeat pressing the button for minute adjustments.
    It’s not what you were sold, so send it back, hope you paid by PayPal.
    Or if you like it enough and don’t mind that it’s quartz, then chuck a new battery at it and see if it shows any signs of enthusiasm.