Forums Latest Members

Omega customer service win - might be helpful for others

1. Gamma Jul 9, 2019

Hi all, I thought I'd share this story in case it might help others. If you want the highlight, it's basically "don't ask don't get!".

The longer winded story is that somehow I managed to scratch the crystal on my Dark Side of the Moon and it was annoying me greatly. Asking at both the Omega boutique as well as an independent I was quoted £650/$800 to have it replaced. It seemed like a lot of money to me for a new crystal so I thought I'd email omega customer services and cheekily ask them if a service included a replacement crystal, thinking I could maybe get a replacement and a service for a similar or lower cost. I was advised it was not but they then asked me "how old is the watch".

I replied and they suggested I send it to them for examination, adding "I regret I can not confirm the correction will be completed under warranty, however as a valued OMEGA customer, I will ensure this is strongly considered."

Anyway, after sending it to them (they sent me a pre-paid envelope and packaging first) they gave me a call a couple of weeks or so later saying that the watch was actually out of warranty, but as a goodwill gesture they were actually going to replace it free of charge regardless....!

End result - not only did they not have to replace the crystal if it was under warranty, but they did so even though it wasn't. So I was a very happy customer and just goes to show it's worth asking the question as by sending a few emails I managed to save myself a decent chunk of money so you never know

BDubs, Motik, whyboddau and 5 others like this.
  2. Martin_J_N Jul 9, 2019

Yep, I always work on the basis that if you don't ask you don't get. The worst that can be said is 'Sorry No', but quite often you will get something, even a small discount off the cost helps.

Well done Omega.

KingCrouchy and Gamma like this.