Forums Latest Members
  1. Steve.P Jul 14, 2012

Plexi number O.M.G. 306 296

Can anyone tell me which models and age this exactly fits? Do Omega still produce them new? How hard are they to find loose? Is this the correct packaging? and what should you expect to pay for one?

Can anyone recommend a good reliable source?

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give,

Steve[​IMG]

2. Steve Jul 14, 2012

Are you sure its an Omega crystal ?. Most numbers start with OME-
    If it is an omega crystal, the value is probably between $30-$40. Sapphire are around about $180.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 14, 2012

Generally it is like this (1) or (2)if it is very old . Yours looks like it might be an older generic replacement (3). If is is omega it will have the Omega symbol Ω etched very small in the center .

for recommendations:Otto Frei http://www.ofrei.com/page_146.html
    and Jules Borel http://www.julesborel.com

[​IMG]

(2)
    [​IMG]

(3)
    [​IMG]

Steve.P likes this.
  4. Steve.P Jul 14, 2012

It does have the omega etching in the centre of the crystal. I use them for converting my DD's to a domed non cyclops look They are a perfect 5Bar waterproof fit: the reason I ask is because others have asked me where they can get them for the same conversion and I too am having trouble finding them.

I believe that OMG 306 296 is the correct number but I cannot tell if that packaging is original as it's not my picture I originally attached at the start of this thread. I think that 306/296 refers to the internal and external widths. My understanding is that it was maybe used for one of the Seamaster models.

I've attached a picture so that you can take a look at the centre etching thanks.[​IMG]

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 14, 2012

If you have the etching your probably good to go. I have never heard of anyone forging these, they're not that expensive. As far as the packaging, who knows. Omega could had different package over the years, markets, quantities, etc. 30.6 is used for many Constellations, but Omega uses part numbers to identify which parts go to specific watches, not size per se.

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 15, 2012

7. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jul 15, 2012

[​IMG]

I know a guy who can sell for 50 cents each. Must order 1000 pieces and up.

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 15, 2012

I know that you know some folks in Vietnam that can make anything Hoi, but is he making them now or just that he could?

9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 16, 2012

I've hear of this seller. I believe they are based in India.

They stock generic replacements for a lot of very hard to get parts from the major watch brands (Omega, Seiko, Rolex, etc.) Once Omega has taken away all the legitimate sellers of factory parts, sellers like this will be all we have left.

I wish I understood the marketing strategy,
    gatorcpa

10. Steve.P Jul 19, 2012