Forums Latest Members
  1. tmw57 Jul 18, 2013

I had posted earlier about my two Cosmics. One was an obvious (to you guys, not to novice moi) redial and my extremely gracious dealer/seller was apologetic and took it back for a full refund. My other, dirtier Cosmic was also slightly suspect (in terms of possible re-dial) so I tried to get a better macro pic for you guys with the crystal off. So... here she is. My money says she's never been refinished.

I just bought a new stem but am looking for the correct crown and a case tube. Does anyone have any idea of where I can look for the latter two items?

As always, thanks.
    Todd

p.s. the blue date numerals are all perfect despite looking a bit funky secondary to dirt and poor photographic technique i.e. the "22" date number: both of the 2's are exactly the same and very professional looking as are the rest of the numerals

DSC_4051 (Large).JPG
  2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 19, 2013

Better picture and I would say the dial is original.

3. tmw57 Jul 19, 2013

phew... (mopping of brow on this end)

Any idea of where a case tube and correct crown can be obtained?

I'd also love to find another original in better condition...I really love these!

cheers
    Todd

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 19, 2013

I would try Jules Borel or Ofrei.com here in the US. Cousins in the UK also. Might want to call directly and see if they have the parts - Jules Borel has been quite helpful over the phone. While they might be able to supply a crown that will fit it might not be the original vintage crown but a modern replacement. To find the original crown there's ebay but the search will be hard because the crown is not unique to this case and is hard to know from the ebay listing which one is the exact correct crown.

5. tmw57 Jul 19, 2013

Many thanks, will give them all a try.