Forums Latest Members
  1. Mykettles Jul 30, 2019

Advice please.
    It has been put to me to gain some knowledge on what to do with near a dozen c shape case Omega Constellations , and could do with a bit of advice on what to do with.
    Should we hold them in the family for the future or let them go.
    If keep , service or clean. If not , where to move them on ?
    1 pink gold. 2 yellow gold. Several silver and gold plated. Thoughts please.

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 30, 2019

If they have no sentimental value, put them on eBay with good pics and descriptions.

Do not polish, clean or service them.

Just put them up as they are.

Any more questions just ask.

connieseamaster and Peemacgee like this.
  3. SG90 Jul 30, 2019

It would be good to see some pictures!
    And if you have the model numbers as well?

Generally the c shapes are less desirable than other constellations, but it doesn’t mean they can’t be attractive pieces that are worth handing down.

If you decide to keep them then they should be serviced (independent watchmaker rather than Omega directly).
    If you want to sell then use eBay or wait until you get 200 posts on this forum.

Peemacgee likes this.
  4. Mykettles Jul 30, 2019

I take it 200 posts means you are allowed to use the auction part , yes ?

5. Mykettles Jul 30, 2019

Does it matter that some of them don't have original bracelets or buckles ?

6. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 30, 2019

Hi @Mykettles, welcome.
    OF doesn’t have an auction section, it has a private sales section that collectors use to sell the watches they want to move on (for various reasons. )
    It’s a facility for contributing members - hence the 200 posts rule.

No, it doesn’t matter if the watches don’t have original bracelets or buckles.
    It just generally increases their desirability if they do.

Originality and Condition is the most important thing to collectors.

I’m with @SG90 - I’d like to see pics of a dozen C-cases all in one place.
    As well as the story of how you came by them.

connieseamaster and ConElPueblo like this.
  7. mutanthands Jul 30, 2019

We need pics! :)

8. jimmyd13 Jul 30, 2019

We do ... I've just never worked out what it is: https://omegaforums.net/auctions/

Mu guess is that it's members' listings on eBay or other auction style platforms and it's fallen out of use.

9. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 30, 2019

Ah!, yes
    I’d forgotten about that bit, I did wander there by accident onetime.

10. Mykettles Jul 31, 2019

I'll post you some pictures later today , I'm guessing you'll know the model numbers from the pics. I'm not very knowledgeable on these watches. I've sent a 18kt yellow gold (168017 ? ) to Omega to have the 18kt chain bracelet taken off. I like the simple creamy white dial and although the bracelet is nice , it's just not me. That's the only thing they are doing. The local omega retailers wouldn't touch it as they were scared of damaging the watch when taking the bracelet off. After reading posts before I'm aware not to let omega service !
    I'm thinking about a nice brown croc / alligator strap , something a little more modern / casual , as I want to wear it every day. It's a 564 caliber ? Again after reading , apparently it's a good workhorse movement. Very reliable and accurate. But thats about as much as my knowledge goes.
    The majority of the watches were my grandfather's. I do have a lovely day and date silver with silver linen dial too. That's a nice looking watch. The metal strap on that is very comfy. The watch seems very easy to wear from the feel of it.

Thanks for the help so far !

11. Mykettles Jul 31, 2019

My mother has recently gone into a care home. All good , she's doing great and loves it there , so I'm happy she's safe and happy. But these watches were from what her Dad ( my grandad ) had for years.

Peemacgee likes this.