Forums Latest Members
  1. stephen Heaney May 2, 2012

Good day I need a little advice , I have an Omega constellation with the reference number 2852-7sc .
    I believe the watch has a 505 movement. When the watch arrives what should I be looking for in the way of numbers and clues to help me date and authenticate? all info gratefully received ,
    My best regards to all Stephen Heaney

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 2, 2012

Look for the serial number on the movement. Should be in the 15M to 16M range, which indicates a 1957 or 1958 build date.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

3. stephen Heaney May 2, 2012

Thanks Gator, can you tell me the significance of the ' -7 sc ' on the reference?
    . Also is there somewhere you would trust to carry out a good service and cleaning in South Florida?
    I am in Fort Lauderdale , Regards Steve

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 2, 2012

-7 is likely an internal numbering system for omega but no particular significant for this case reference. It is of importance in certain models such as the early speedmasters and SM300 watches but not for this case reference. We would be able to give more specific comments once you post pictures of the watch.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 2, 2012

Believe it or not, I'm between watchmakers at the moment. I sometimes work through a dealer who arranges the service, but I don't know who he is using.

They do a decent job, but I don't know if they know much about vintage Omega.

Sorry,
    gatorcpa