Forums Latest Members

Omega Constellation true or false? Valuation and worth pursuing restoration?

1. pjomega Jul 22, 2014

Hi all,

I might have the opportunity to acquire an omega watch of the constellatinon line. I am completely new to this type of watch evaluation and only have a very limited knowledge to judge a watch's quality and authenticity. Nevertheless, my level of enthusiasm to learn the tricks of the trade is very high. Hence my post.

Below are some pictures of the watch I am considering. I have three questions:

1. Could this be an authentic omega watch? Is it a fake or not?
    2. What could be the valuation range for this watch?
    3. Does it need any restoration?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Other type of background information on this type of watch you might come with is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance to help me sort this out!

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 22, 2014

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 22, 2014

Regarding your example, it looks to be in good condition for its age.

You will need to get an Ω crown to replace the generic one, possibly a new crystal and get the watch serviced by a recommended / local watchmaker (do not use an Omega agent, the cost is not worth the return for this watch).

Retaining value is all about retaining originality, so no polishing or else you remove the original finishing.

A nice leather strap and you're set to go.

Regarding value, it depends on your location. Just guessing, in the US it may be a $400 watch, in Australia $600, elsewhere I couldn't say.

For further education on Constellation watches, there is only one place to go, the House of Desmond:

http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com.au/