Forums Latest Members
  1. GB2013 Dec 22, 2013

Hi,

I have a vintage Omega Constellation Auto and beleive the model number is 564.

I am wearing this whilst my seamaster is in for service/repair and the constellation was losing time. I have turned the screw on what I think is the regulating screw but now want to set the time precisely.

My question is how do I stop the second hand to set the time accurately, as I cant seem to stop the second hand precisely at 12 in order to set time with my computer.

Can anyone advise how to stop the second hand in order to set time.

2. ulackfocus Dec 22, 2013

Hi. You can't stop the second hand.

Where do you have to be or what precision activity are you doing that you need to be exactly dead on the second?

3. GB2013 Dec 22, 2013

Well the point is, if I am trying to set the time acuratley against another time machine and cant stop the second hand it is never going to be accurate. I can stop the second hand on my Seamaster when setting time on that watch, so was suprised that this couldnt be done on the Constellation. That said, it is an old watch so may be they weren't that bothered when they made them then, which I dont really believe for one minute as it is an Omega.

Dennis, are you saying that it cant be done ?

4. ulackfocus Dec 22, 2013

Hacking wasn't a regular feature back then regardless of the brand. Some movements can be 'stopped' with a little back pressure on the crown, but you risk damaging the pallet jewels if you accidentally run it backwards.

5. GB2013 Dec 22, 2013

Is "Hacking" the technical term for stopping the second hand ?

I guess I am just spoilt being used to my Seamaster. Just thought I would try and save myself some money and try regulating this Constellation myself. I am certainly no watch maker though so wont be trying to apply any undue pressure on the watch, just thought there was something I was not doing with the pull out knob when setting the time, as I have no user manuals for this watch.

I am hoping my Seamaster will be sorted in a few weeks, so using the Constellation is just a temporary measure. That said I like to know the time is accurate, as that the purpose of having an Omega.

Anyone know what the current approximate market value ( GB£.. ) of this Constellation would be a I have never had it insured in the past. (vintage Omega Constellation Auto - beleive the model number is 564).

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 22, 2013

Pictures please......there are several type of Cal 564 Connie, It also depends on the condition, case material, dial type etc,

7. GB2013 Dec 22, 2013

8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 22, 2013

Value about $550.00-$600.00 US.