Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Feb 25, 2013

Just thought i'd post my most recent purchase. I'm always weary to post watches on here that I have no clue about, but here goes...

From what I know it's a ref ST 168.0025 measuring 34mm dating from 1967.

The movement is a Cal. 564 with 24 Jewels, with sweep seconds.

It is a unishell, pie pan dial.

The dial is sort of a slate colour and slightly textured.

It had black onyx markers. Script is different to most Constellations i've owned.

Omega BOR bracelet.

Here are some pictures:

DSCN1026.JPG

DSCN1027.JPG

RSCN1032.JPG

RSCN1040.JPG

DSCN1033.JPG

DSCN1038.JPG

DSCN1039.JPG

The slate type dial is really stunning in the flesh, it's a fairly low key watch, and probably make a good everyday piece.

Here's the closest picture I could find on the Omega Database:

19799.jpg

Desmond also does a good article on the front loading Constellations here : http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/good-buy-constellations.html

Thanks for reading :)

2. ulackfocus Feb 25, 2013

Nice watch, and very undervalued. :thumbsup: Owned a 168.015 dome dial version and liked it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dablitzer Feb 25, 2013

Thanks! That's a very nice dial on yours. Pearly..:thumbsup: I might loose the bracelet as it's a bit too grey IMO. This watch was purchased 30 odd years ago over in America.

4. Sherbie Feb 25, 2013

The second hand is too long, but looks a nice everyday watch. What does it look like inside?

best wishes Paul

5. Dablitzer Feb 25, 2013

Thanks, so it is! I'm not sure as it was a gamble purchase. I'll take it to be checked over soon and hopefully it will be positive news..

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 25, 2013

Dial is 100% correct for that reference. Crown looks right as well. Movement should be a quickset cal. 564. You should be able to test that without opening it up. The seconds hand is an incorrect replacement, but that should be easily sourced at Cousins UK or similar supplier.

I don't think the bracelet is correct for the reference. Someone put some straight endpieces on the bracelet and they look good, so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Here's mine for comparison:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If the price is under US$800, I think you did OK,
    gatorcpa