Forums Latest Members

Omega Constellation Pie Pan with 1 Replacement Marker

1. petercc Apr 12, 2018

Hi guys,

I posted on this forum a week ago regarding an Omega Constellation Pie Pan 168.010, which I ended up purchasing.
    However, upon receiving it and further inspecting it, I found out that it looks like the 10 o'clock hour marker is a replacement -- the reason being, it is slightly larger than all the other markers, and there is no indented slope at the edge while the others do. There is also signs of glue around the marker. Also, the 11 o'clock hour marker appears to be....upside down.

Otherwise, the watch is in great condition, and runs smoothly, and looks beautiful.
    I'm pretty sure all the other parts are original -- including crown.
    Does this replacement significantly devalue the watch? Is it worth keeping?
    I just wanted to hear everyones thoughts on the matter -- especially considering the value of the watch long term.
    Thanks!

IMG_5567.JPG IMG_5576.JPG IMG_5575.JPG IMG_5574.JPG
  2. cristos71 Apr 12, 2018

I would say it seriously devalues the watch and if you have the option to return, then I would do so, immediately!

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 12, 2018

Why did you buy it when everyone told you not to? Kind of ballsy to come back and ask for more opinions when you ignored them prior to buying it.

4. cristos71 Apr 12, 2018

Hmm, I just found the OP's original post regarding this one and see now the asking price was $1200, I think the dial damage brings the value right down to $600-$700 max.

5. Noddyman Apr 12, 2018

Cant believe you bought this when @six-barrel pointed this out in your original thread.

6. petercc Apr 12, 2018

Hi everyone -- thanks for your replies.
    I sincerely apologize if it seems like I was being ignorant of these posts.
    To be 100% honest, I'm actually new to these forums and not extremely active, and so I didn't see these mentions/posts until you guys pointed them out right now.

Had I seen them earlier, I promise I wouldn't have purchased the watch :/
    (I don't mean to be gutsy or disrespectful in this community as I want to respect the help I receive from those that are a lot more knowledgable than I am).

The first few responses regarding the watch on the thread seemed to be neutral/positive, and other people outside of this online community had also given me positive feedback on the watch when I showed it to them at the time.
    So I just ended up buying it shortly after, and noticing these problems as soon as I received it.
    I will definitely try to be more mindful of the later posts should I create new threads on this forums.

Noddyman, BenBagbag and STANDY like this.
  7. petercc Apr 12, 2018

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't see that response until now :/

Noddyman likes this.
  8. petercc Apr 12, 2018

Ahh thanks for your help!
    I think I'm going to return the watch :/

BenBagbag likes this.
  9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 12, 2018

There is also a big wad of glue under the 7 o'clock marker and water stains on the left edge.
    RETURN

10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 12, 2018

And the 11oclock marker was put back on upside down........

cicindela likes this.