Forums Latest Members
  1. EVan Gregory Jan 3, 2013

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 3, 2013

Dial is refinished, second track off.

This seller is known for refinished dials.

3. EVan Gregory Jan 3, 2013

What do you notice that lets you know it's refinished; so that perhaps I can spot the signs in the future.

4. Lex4TDI4Life Jan 3, 2013

First off, the description states that it is "Professionally redone" :p

But I am curious as well. Edges look sharp and the font seems on. I guess it is the second marks that raised the red flags. Look at the distance from the edge. The ones between 12 and 1 are right on the edge whereas those between 1 and 2 have a bit of space.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2013

edges are not sharp. Font is too dark and rough, not crisp. MOY is off. Outer chapter is irregular in shape (look on either side of the date window). paint finish is incorrect.

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 3, 2013

Heard many times without a clue........what is MOY?

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2013

Look at the Dial. The M, O, Y should ( with the usual exceptions for models, age etc) should line up in a pattern like you see here , through the center of the first M point , through the center of the O and then touching the end of the Y, on an axis through the 12 , canon pinion, and 6.

_3.jpg Baywatch.jpg text2.jpg

text5.jpg text3.jpg

Text1.jpg

As someone will ask, does not work well for Seamasters.

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 3, 2013

Got it.............I try to google MOY with ridiculous findings. I thought it is an acronym of something........:p

9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 3, 2013

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 4, 2013

And while you're at it, skim through the rest of Desmond's website top to bottom, its part of the required reading, and thankfully always has pictures.

11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 4, 2013

You know what............ I thought all Desmond articles are in Key Collecting Post only. I am surprised that when I scroll down as you advised, it has several others sections: Identifying Fake Connie, Connie diagnostic, Related Omega essays, stars of the month, Good buys etc. The culprit is the advertising banner. I thought there are none other interesting sections below it. ::facepalm1::

Well, at least I will have interesting reading this weekend.