Forums Latest Members
  1. John Paul Jan 16, 2017

Hello everyone, this is my first thread in Omega Forums. I've received as a gift from my grandfather his Omega Constellation from somewhere in the seventies, and I wanted to know if anyone could help me identify it since I have never seen another one like it before. I've searched on Google for hours and never spotted another one like mine. Another thing that doesn't convince me much is its caseback because it's so plain (it reads Omega and the omega letter inside a circle, hope it can be seen in the photographs). The watch received maintenance four years ago, and the only thing that remains kind of shabby is the cristal, but as it is the original one, I cannot complain. Again this is my first thread, so please be nice!

2. cristos71 Jan 16, 2017

Hello and welcome, your pictures are not showing and to help you in any way we need something to look at!

3. John Paul Jan 16, 2017

4. John Paul Jan 16, 2017

Here they are, take a look

5. cristos71 Jan 16, 2017

Well looking at those pictures I don't recognise the model reference from the top of my head as myself and most here are more versed in the earlier more collectable Constellations. As you mentioned I too would expect an observatory on the back of a Constellation case. The best thing you can do for more info would be to unscrew the back, inside there you will find the watch reference number and also the movement type, post those here and you will receive more info.

6. John Paul Jan 16, 2017

Yes, that was what I expected in the case back too, I need to send it to a jeweller to unscrew it since I don't want to mess it up. But also considering that as it was serviced in an official omega workshop I'm sure it is genuine, but the case back is really annoying me