Forums Latest Members

Omega Constellation mega quartz Looking for advice.

1. lillatroll May 27, 2015

Hello,
    I really like this watch but have a few concerns. Firstly, other watches that are similar have a different case on the back. They are also on a bracelet, but that is not a huge problem. The other watches were on Chrono24 and all come from the same seller and all have been redialed. Is this a redial? My third concern is that the ones on Chrono24 are more than twice the price than this one on ebay. That either means the person on chrono24 is asking too much or the the one on ebay has serious issues.

Thank you for your help, all your opinions are appreciated.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Con...z-watch/131519984859?_trksid=p2047675.c100011Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Hijak likes this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 27, 2015

It looks fine to me.
    Dial looks nice and clean and is in the right format for that series of Connie.

I bought a very similar 196.0062 as a donor for the movement, can't remember how much it was but nowhere near what Chr24 prices are.

PS: It's not a megaquartz, it's a standard Cal 1030 by the description (they only called it Megaquartz when it suited them, i.e. branded on the dial).

Have you seen this?

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-f300hz-constellation-with-box-and-papers-serviced.25500/

Edited May 27, 2015
  3. lillatroll May 27, 2015

Thank you for your reply,
    I did look at the one for sale by spacefruit but it is a bit too smart looking for my personal taste, but it is a beautiful example and a bargain to boot . I did find one on chrono24 which I like, I have asked for more information as there is only two pictures. All things being equal, the only difference might be the bracelet, which I prefer.

4. webvan May 27, 2015

That's a pretty rare 1310 model, at least one that I haven't seen before. Most (all except for the early prototypes ?) 1310s indeed have Megaquartz 32khz on their dial so more research is probably necessary.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 27, 2015

Doh!

I meant to type 1310, not 1030!

The Megaquartz text was used on some dials but not all models had it, mostly Constellations and Seamasters.

Both of my 1310s are minus the Megaquartz on the dial, even though the movement is identical to branded MQs.

The Connie was a donor for my other watch.

P1030886.JPG P1030885.JPG

Edited May 27, 2015
  6. lillatroll May 27, 2015

Thanks,
    I knew what you meant :) I have a geneve megaquartz with the 1310 movement. Out of intrest do you think it is worth spending a bit more money for one with a braclet rather than leather strap. These things are hard to determine without seeing them in the flesh. Living in Kuwait, it seems impossible to find old watches, people don t seem to like vintage stuff here, so my only references are pictures from the internet.