Forums Latest Members
  1. webvan Nov 13, 2017

Can't say I'd ever seen an automatic model, interesting...but yes I doubt anyone's feverishly searching for one around here. Maybe someone who used to own one back in day and lost it ?

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  2. Vitezi Nov 13, 2017

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 13, 2017

4. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Nov 14, 2017

There is a small but rather enthusiastic group of Euro Connie collectors who do indeed place value on cal 1111 Manhattans and the ultrathin dress examples in the straight-lugged Hibou cases. As mentioned, these models were usually Quartz (the preferred movement choice of the time by most purchasers), and it would be fair to say the watch rarely surfaces. A pristine model that has never been retailed is a good find. The issue is, do you wear it or keep it for a time when Nineties style and design becomes retro and sought-after?

If there are any collector markers in your genetic make-up, it way well be worth your while to hold on to it as a collectible. If you enjoy vintage just to wear, then maybe it makes sense for you to wear it.

So what I would say is that the watch is rare to some, while at the moment not being "on trend".

Cheers

Desmond

watchyouwant, Foo2rama and BenBagbag like this.