Forums Latest Members

Omega Constellation - info on this model

1. Grijsx Apr 13, 2016

Good morning everybody, my name’s Luca, I’m from Italy and new to this forum.
    I’m discovering my passion for watches and would like to share with you some photos and ask you what do you think.
    A lot of years ago, in 1996 for my 20th birthday it was give to me a constellation chronometer automatic (see photos below). I did not use it a lot and put it soon inside a drawer for many years, but now would like to wear it again.
    I’d like to change band first, maybe a color one because with its original black it looks so serious.

Sorry for the following (maybe stupid) questions:
    1 Always had this dubt in mind: is it a gent o woman watch ? It is small compared to many man watches
    2 Where can I find some information about this particular model ? (year of fabrication, general technical info…) I was not able to find anything them on the web.
    3 Is it a nice watch ?

Thank you very much for your answers and patience. I know these questions could looks annoying, but again, I'm very new to this field, and would like to learn more!

front.jpg back.jpg side.jpg
    hen and meganfox17 like this.
  2. meganfox17 Apr 15, 2016

Hi Luca @Grijsx

My name is Megan from Malaysia. I feel sorry for you because nobody has attempted to reply to your enquiries for the last 36 hrs ! Maybe you should have posted your thread in the Vintage Omega section .So i shall be the opening batswoman ,open the floodgates & i wouldnt mind be proven wrong show my support for a fellow Omega enthusiast

Luca ! Why are you photos like the size of baby ants ??? I'm straining my eyes & i still can't make out the reference number on the back casing ! Next time give me some high resolution macro photography imaging!

Luca.No questions are stupid ok ?
    In your possesion is an Omega Constellation Chronometer Automatic 3 ATM 35 mm Stainless Steel casing sapphire glass , white grey dial & yes.. black leather strap that you dont like. The more desirable valuable versions are the Gold or Champagne Manhattan claw hands models first appeared in 1982 or the Double Eagle Connies in 2003. Can you see the appearance of 4 claw hands design at position III & IX on the Roman Numerals bezel ?

Vintage Connies have close back or open back casing with movements in gold or silver
    It is a Unisex watch Luca , for both men & women. I'm guessing your watch was manufactured in 1986

When you ask It it a nice watch i think you meant Is it a Good reliable watch ? Luca , your watch has either a Cal 1109
    ( 1984-1985) or Cal 1111 ( 1985-1992 ) movement based on ETA 2892-2 which has an impressive power reserve of 42 hours & when fully serviced probably has an accuracy of +3 seconds per day which is very respectful . So Luca. You have a pretty Good Watch there !! Probably worth around US700 in the market after servicing in my humble opinion.
    The Cal 1110 movement is not chronometer certified by the way so i hope that's not written on the back otherwise it's a Frankenstein watch !

Here please compare your watch with reference number 49xxxxxx ,Omega Logo & Calibre with genuine Connies examples
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Edited Apr 15, 2016
    hen, Duracuir1, 124watchfan and 3 others like this.
  3. Huus Apr 15, 2016

In the 80's a 35 mm case was sold as a men's watch or unisex as Megan stated. A change of strap is certainly going to make it more attractive. And if you think it is a nice watch then that is what it is and all that matters. A lot of people, me included, like connies, be it vintage or brand new at the Omega boutique.
    I can not find any annoying questions in your opening post so I don't think you asked any.
    Just one thing. If the watch has been sitting in the drawer for the last 20 years or so, it may need a service.
    Regards.

meganfox17 likes this.
  4. Grijsx Apr 16, 2016

Thank you very much Megan and Huus for your replies, that's what I was really looking for.
    Megan, don't know why the pics looks so small, maybe I attached in the wrong way, it's strange because I can see them big (probably because I'm who wrote the post? ).

Anyway, my watch looks exactly like the one you posted in the fist pictures, so:
    Cal is 1111 as written on the rotor (the jeweller wrote 1111 in the warranty's watch number so I always thought it was the serial number and not the Cal.! ); ref number is 49550478; there are 4 claw at III & IX; open back casing with movement in gold; stainless steel case and silver bezel, omega sign on the crown; and yes... strap is ugly :)

I will look for something to give it a younger-looking, maybe a black/gray nato strap, o a coloured one :)

Thank you so much again!

5. Peecmkr Apr 16, 2016

You can always count on Megan!

6. Grijsx Apr 17, 2016

Here we are ! Constellation with new yellow strap:D. It does not looks like my grandfather's watch anymore.
    Hope you like it, in my opinion it rocks!
    Thank you :)

WP_20160417_20_53_26_Pro (4).jpg
  7. meganfox17 Apr 17, 2016

[emoji14] You certainly made the Connie & yourself 25 years younger !

RevZMan123, Miss_Bourginskay and Huus like this.
  8. HuberyQ Dec 6, 2022

Hi!I recently got a similar watch, can you please tell me if the case serial number of this watch is the same as the movement serial number?