Forums Latest Members
  1. donkii Sep 12, 2017

Hi,
    I've been a little off the past months since I've had to much with pretty much everything, but then, last week I came across something really nice that I think you'd like to see.

A Grand Luxe in Pink gold. A one owners watch and it's in my opinion in a really good condition. The pictures doesn't really make it justice but this is what I got for you. With box, with certificate, full length bracelet and yeah, an all original watch. Since I showed such interest in it the owner started asking questions about it.. Well.. I have a huge interest in watches, have some great knowledge but regarding this watch I can't say that I know anything.

So what do we know regarding this pink/rose gold Grand Luxe Connies? There can't be a huge amount of them out there? Since this is pretty much a complete package, it gotta be a rare item. I've tried to find some recent sales without any luck, does anyone have a thought regarding the market value today? If he's not going to sell it, he might need to insure it for the correct value. If he will sell it, would you agree that one of the bigger auction houses is preferred or would actually this platform be in favour?

I hope you'll enjoy this watch as much as I did when I first laid eyes on it. A little extra box came along as well... you'll see it in the end.

Best, D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Melbourne Box
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Sep 12, 2017
    Speedmasterfan88, LouS, khmt2 and 7 others like this.
  2. ConElPueblo Sep 12, 2017

Nah, everyday run of the mill watch :D

Don't know much about the subject, other than is already written on OF. Quite a few of the really old threads are about these golden dress watches. This one is amazing.

donkii likes this.
  3. robocaspar Sep 12, 2017

Nice

4. Pahawi Sep 12, 2017

Nice watch indeed. Is it cracks in the lacquer I see, or is it just reflections from the crystal? A shame with the engraving.... These brick bracelets are very cool, but also a bit too bling bling for most to actually wear them :)

Could very well be wrong, but I'll guess the value to be $4000 - 4500.

My YG sibling says hello:

IMG_3806.JPG

Vitezi and Andy K like this.
  5. donkii Sep 12, 2017

It's the lacquer you see. I kind a like the engravings, makes it a little personal, but from a collectors point of view I can understand that the engraving can be a little issue.
    I have actually talked to a auction house here in Sweden and they thought a starting price of 9000usd was fair.

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 12, 2017

Damn.....what a beauty::love::::love::::love::

donkii likes this.
  7. MikeMan2727 Sep 12, 2017

Mods and donkii like this.
  8. Pahawi Sep 12, 2017

I for obviously reasons hope you're right :) To my knowledge this didn't sell for $8400 though....

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-constellation-grand-luxe-ref-2930-sc.50956/

donkii likes this.
  9. davidswiss Sep 12, 2017

I was going to recommend Desmond but see it's already been done. He's the go too person regarding Constellations.
    It's a lovely watch and the box, papers etc make it more interesting. I don't know what the Swedish market is on these but I'd have thought you might try it here first, at least you'll get a feel for what the demand is. Remember your friend will be paying a lot to the auction house if he takes that route.

10. mac_omega Sep 12, 2017

The Melbourne Box
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

DIBS - on the Melbourne box

I would like to buy it, would go to a good home.

overview.jpg

At least one of these orphans should receive a proper home...:D

shoot me a PM if you like...

TNTwatch, LouS, Dr No and 10 others like this.
  11. micampe Sep 12, 2017

I didn’t know there was a black version too. That applied XVI is so nice.

12. mac_omega Sep 12, 2017

Don´t take the black one as a reference.

To stay clear: there was no SM XVI with black dial - this was redialed (not by me of course).
    I bought it because I liked the contrast with the pink case which was in good shape, and the price was right...

13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 12, 2017

$9000 is going rate for mint.
    That lacquer cracking and the caseback engraving puts it well under pristine prices in my book.

14. aap Sep 12, 2017

Beautiful!

15. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Sep 13, 2017

Oh my...

16. khmt2 Sep 13, 2017

Dibs on the watch! ::love::::love::