Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega Constellation Grand Luxe Ref. 2930 SC

1. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jan 2, 2017

325673-595f4c5a17dbbaf66ef8489d1cdcf58c.jpg Wishing the OF community a very Happy New year! Let's make 2017 one for the record books...

Today I am offering a Omega Constellation Grand Luxe that was purchased exactly 8 months ago from a picker based in Chicago. The watch has a very rare solid 18k brick bracelet that doesn't come up for sale often, especially in this condition. The box was acquire from the original owner, and has the Box/papers/extra links/inner and outer box. Investment grade 2930 for any proud collector to cherish for years to come!

Return Policy : I provide all information needed to make a confident purchase. I give all information possible on the piece up for sale and am willing to answer any questions asked. I also supply any photo requested for any potential buyer. For these reasons, I do not accept returns.

Payment : Wire Transfer (Please contact me with any payment questions. I have OF members that have done business with me and will support my trustworthy execution of this sale.)

Dial : This Constellation dial has incredible reflective properties supported by the 18k diamond shaped hour markers. The gold, stepped pie-pan shaped dial has a well developed finish. Stepped feature does make this version slightly harder to find. It’s reflective qualities are highlighted through the use of yellow gold diamond-shaped dart hour markers that Omega also used on the regular Constellation models in the 1950s. Applied “OMEGA” logo and wording, complimented by sharp dauphine hands.

Case : Case is clean and unpolished. Marked and minor ware from use. Case has no deep/major scratches or hits. Solid 18k yellow gold case with unpolished lugs maintaining their original condition. Case back in excellent condition. Texture of medallion holds true to the quality of this Grand Luxe. 35mm case diameter not including the crown.

Lugs : While researching this piece when I first acquired it, I came to find far less photography of these deco dog leg lugs that connected in the center of the lugs similarly to the more commonly seen hooded lugs. None the less, I do believe this lug design is slightly rarer than the other variations. Any other users with extensive experience with the Grand Luxe? All help is greatly appreciated! Here to learn first and foremost through acquiring pieces and revolving my collection around what I am looking to discover. Please refer to photos if you are unclear about any written description, and also remember you may request photos of any aspect of this piece!

Crown : Original Omega crown.

Crystal : Replaced crystal.

Bracelet : Bracelet is 18mm wide currently fits a 7.2 inch wrist with room for the wrist. This watch has it’s additional links included in the sale. Bracelet is marked “OMEGA Constellation”. All links are in perfect condition, no damage to bracelet. The Grande Luxe in yellow gold has a integrated, brick-style bracelet that gives the collector extreme comfort on the wrist.

Movement : Caliber 505. Watch has been serviced by original owner. Keeps proper time, winds smoothly, and sets smoothly.

Reference : 2930

Box : Inner and outer box. I am not sure if this is the proper box for the model. I know they sold a silver premium version, but have had issues determining the proper red Omega box that should be matched with the piece. The brown insert does not accommodate the bracelet, so I just set the watch on top of the secondary “Omega Constellation” felt pad. The box being offered alongside this Constellation is not the proper box for the given watch, as it is for a model on leather strap, not bracelet. Also, the insert says "Constellation Calendar", which does not match the non Calendar offering. ( Thank you @ConElPueblo for the kind help with the box/insert/padded cover arrangement, I am here to learn and appreciate any user willing to help me determine the proper information! Thank you my friend. )

Papers : Included are the "Certificat de haute precision" marked with the Omega logo and " For Especially good results" medallion in embossed paper gear. Movement # 157696XX marked on Certifica de haut precision packet. A. Gfeller - Uhren - Bijouterie - Luzern invoice for original owner with a location stamp of "Chicago/111". Invoice is marked "One 18ct. "Omega" Constellation De Luxe" for $580. Invoice dated August, 6 1959. Eterna Certificate of Orgin. Dated 5th July 1959. Marked with retailer "A. Gfeller Luzern". Omega Bona Fide Guarantee packet.

Asking : $8,500 (Buyer pays shipping/payment fees)

Thank you for this space OF!

Thomas

P1010386.JPG P1010387.JPG P1010389.JPG P1010390.JPG P1010391.JPG P1010393.JPG P1010394.JPG P1010395.JPG P1010396.JPG P1010397.JPG P1010398.JPG P1010399.JPG P1010400.JPG P1010406.JPG Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 12.11.24 PM.png image1-10.JPG image2-10.JPG image2-11.JPG image1-9.JPG image1-8.JPG image1-7.JPG image2-9.JPG image2-8.JPG image1-6.JPG image2-7.JPG image1-5.JPG image2-6.JPG image2-5.JPG image1-4.JPG image1-3.JPG image2-4.JPG image2-3.JPG image1-2.JPG Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 8.22.37 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 8.22.49 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 11.00.33 AM.png 22.jpg straightOn.jpg
    Edited Jan 22, 2017
  2. kkt Jan 3, 2017

Wow. That's amazing. I hope this sells soon so I have an easier time resisting temptation.

3. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jan 3, 2017

Happy 2017! Wishing the entire community a very safe and successful new year. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, and has fully recovered from the madness of this past weekend.

Update on box/insert arrangement as follows : The box being offered alongside this Constellation is not the proper box for the given watch, as it is for a model on leather strap, not bracelet. Also, the insert says "Constellation Calendar", which does not match the non Calendar offering. ( Thank you @@ConElPueblo for the kind help with the box/insert/padded cover arrangement, I am here to learn and appreciate any user willing to help me determine the proper information! Thank you my friend. )

Price will remain the same, pieces originality and condition demands a proper home!

Best,

Thomas

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 3, 2017

Do you have a close up front on of the dial in full.

Thanks

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2017

Buyers should carefully note this fits a 6.5 inch wrist, which is very small and that while there are a small number of links, the only two people I know that have tried to re-add them ended up with fused solid segments as it involves very delicate grinding and soldering by a skilled jeweler.

Given the no returns policy you could end up having to give it to your wife for Valentine's Day if you have gorilla wrists like myself.

Epictetus, jagwah and MPWATCH like this.
  6. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jan 3, 2017

Forgive me for the double post! I do not intend on adding additional attention to the post, but this is an important notification.

The bracelet measures 7.2 with additional links! The original 6.5 was suppose to be 7.5.

Thank you for the keen observation @dsio and thank you for the space.

Thomas

7. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Jan 3, 2017

What does this mean? Is it 7.2 or 7.5?

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2017

7.2 with 0.3 inch of links if you can find someone capable of successfully soldering them back into the bracelet again as I read it.

MPWATCH likes this.
  9. JM251 Jan 3, 2017

I'm into the lugs
    looks like bracelet has patina or is that lighting?

MPWATCH likes this.
  10. Pahawi Jan 4, 2017

I'd like that too (the two you added are too small, plus you can't zoom on them). Your photo skills seems ok, so should be an easy fix..... ;-)

11. chronos Jan 4, 2017

Wow, nice watch.
    I just looked through some of my parents' old magazines and stumbled on this old ad 10minutes ago.
    GLWYS!
    IMG_1393.JPG

12. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jan 5, 2017

Great ad.....I can say that those hooded lugs are what you see most the time. These straight edged Aztec style layout that my specific piece has are not seen very often! I hope a passionate collector steps up to the plate, I am ready to make a deal on this fantastic original beaut of a watch. Price will remain the same, several inquiries in the mix. Hope everyone has a great day!

Best,

Thomas

13. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jan 6, 2017

Price Reduction to $9,500 - Really do think the value is there with this one gents. The collector in me can't give this piece a proper send off without it's value maintained. Hope everyone is having a wonderful 2017 so far! Stay safe on the roads with this winter weather coming in with a vengeance...(PA resident)

Best,

Thomas

14. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jan 14, 2017

Priced reduced to $9,000USD net to me. Motivated to move this beauty a long!

To address any concern of this piece not being 100% authentic and original (not including the incorrect box).

According to my notes on all the Grand Luxe offerings, the 2930, as with the 14355 that preceded it, had two lug types: the full hooded lugs and what you describe as the Aztec lugs. In fact the full hooded lugs model could take both a leather strap or the brickwork bracelet, as a different brickwork bracelet fitted it. The Aztec lugs could also take both.

I am assuming that your correspondent understood there to be only one bracelet lug fitting, whereas there were two.

Cheers

Desmond ( @mondodec )

15. Davidt Jan 15, 2017

Hi Thomas

You have god macro photos showing some of the details but IMO they don't give a very good idea of how the watch presents as a whole. As others have suggested, you need a straight on full shot of the dial, as well as a couple of full on, side shots.

boat2dan, Kmart and hoipolloi like this.
  16. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jan 16, 2017

Good morning David!

I will address these photo imperfections promptly. I'll be adding additional photos momentarily! Thank you again. Price remains at $9,000USD net to me. Very fair price for such a different example! Offers welcome.

Best,

Thomas

17. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jan 17, 2017

Price remains at $9,000 USD! Offers welcome.

Thank you friends!

Thomas

18. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jan 22, 2017

Price reduced to $8,500 USD. Very reasonable price for a high condition, fully original, less seen bracelet with original purchase receipt and paperwork. Incorrect box. Buyers responsible for fees/shipping.

I appreciate the opportunity to offer a great piece to passionate OF members.

Best,

Thomas

19. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jan 24, 2017

Good morning OF! I really can't justify further price reduction at this point. More than fair offering! Surprised this is still here to be honest. This watch has not been offered anywhere else. An OF exclusive from a reputable source that plays no games. Wire only! Price remains at $8,500.

Best,

Thomas

20. MPWATCH Watch Lover Jan 30, 2017

Hope everyone is doing well! Still have this beautiful example up for sale. I am only offering this on OF at the moment. The pros are as follow - less seen lug design, rare bracelet execution, fully original, high condition, offered from a reputable OF member with positive transactions,priced to sell, original purchase receipt and original Omega paperwork.

The cons are as follow - non original box and difficult sizing process for bracelet.

Priced at $8,500!

Please feel free to request any additional photo via direct message. Thank you for the space OF, I appreciate the opportunity to send this beautiful piece of Omega history to a proper home.

Best,

Thomas