Forums Latest Members

Omega Constellation (Double Eagle)

1. MrSnstr01 Jul 17, 2017

Recently acquired this Omega(?) Constellation Double Eagle as a gift from my father. The piece was his and he had long since lost the box and paperwork or never had it, not sure. I am deciding whether or not to sale it but I want to be sure it is an authentic Omega before I try to do so. I have looked up the serial on Google, Omega pops up each time but when I look up the serial on the Omega site nothing's displayed. The pendulum in the watch is different than any other I have seen and the (turn dial?) to adjust time and date is not as cog shaped(aggressive grooves) as I have seen either. I'm not a collector so I really haven't studied this, just quick searches on how to spot a fake and the information given still does not have me convinced of its authenticity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have called to have it appraised but don't want to spend $150 to have a watch appraised and find out it's a fake.

IMG_0589.JPG IMG_0590.JPG IMG_0591.JPG
  2. MrSnstr01 Jul 17, 2017

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 17, 2017

Total fake

4. MrSnstr01 Jul 17, 2017

Explain please?

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 17, 2017

If you look at genuine examples on-line the differences will be easily spotted, but a short (and incomplete) list off the top of my head...

Movement looks nothing like a Cal. 2500 that should be inside it - that one is the most obvious to me.

Date wheel background colour is wrong...

Lume colour on dial is wrong...

Proportions and finish on case back are completely wrong...

I could go on, but you get the idea I hope. It's a very poorly executed fake...

Cheers, Al

6. MrSnstr01 Jul 17, 2017

Much appreciated like I said I'm not a collector so I'm not particularly sure what to look for. Thanks for the info.