Forums Latest Members
  1. dnyan Sep 2, 2018

2. Noddyman Sep 2, 2018

Personally I don’t think this is worth anywhere near £6k, more like £3k.
    Gold value will probably be around £2.5k and then the rest is in the watch.

Peemacgee likes this.
  3. dnyan Sep 2, 2018

Thanks for the reply Noddyman. I agree its not worth 6k but I haven't seen these models trade anywhere close to £3k. It makes me think its probably a sought after model? But I may be wrong.

4. Noddyman Sep 2, 2018

5. dnyan Sep 2, 2018

Thanks for that excellent article on constellations. I am planning on negotiating the price with the dealer however I don't see him offer me a discount of more than 500GBP if any at all. I really like the watch but not sure it is worth spending 5500GBP. Do you suggest any alternatives solid gold watches preferably omega or rolex. I am looking to buy one with a solid gold bracelet.

6. Noddyman Sep 2, 2018

If you do pursue this one make sure the bracelet fits before you commit, extra links will be hard to source.
    There’s nothing wrong with this watch just overpriced as most chrono24 watches tend to be.

It’s easy to get caught up in the emotion of wanting a watch now and overpaying is the easiest way to satisfy that craving. I did exactly the same thing when I started collecting. Nothing wrong with that providing you are aware and happy with your choice. Patience and knowledge will bag you a better deal in the long run.

I can’t help with alternatives, watches are a personal thing and you need to work out what you like. Have a look through the ‘WRUW Today’ thread, lots of ideas there.
    Good luck.

7. dnyan Sep 2, 2018

Thanks again.

8. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Sep 2, 2018

+1 on this.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this style is an acquired taste and they haven’t really come into their own yet.
    6k is a lot of money for this reference - even with all that gold.
    Also be sure you’re happy with the language of the day section.
    Pic of OP’s watch
    6C0A99E2-1208-42AF-ABA0-58D3705446A6.png

9. dnyan Sep 2, 2018

Yeah 6k is a lot of money but i havent found any around 4k which seems to be a fair price. But this is a great looking watch and i am negotiating with the dealer. The language is fine with me.

10. Dedalus05 Sep 2, 2018

There is a nicer example coming up at Adams Auction house in Dublin in a couple of weeks. The catalogue is here (Lot 238):

https://www.adams.ie/FINE-JEWELLERY-WATCHES/18-09-2018?gridtype=listview

A nice looking Rolex too if yer into gold bracelet affairs (Lot 5).

Check my post history for more info on Adams and my history here if you're bored and need a giggle. Lesson: this place is a den of lurking vipers :).

11. dnyan Sep 2, 2018

Lot 5 is unfortunately 28mm which seems to be a ladies watch. Lot 238 is good and ive seen similar ones on chrono24 but unfortunately i like the one i posted better :)

12. Dero13 4 watches. All set to the wrong time. Sep 2, 2018

I wouldnt pay anywhere near 6k for this watch but to each his own.

13. Dedalus05 Sep 2, 2018

Apologies. On mobile these past weeks, details are escaping me. Really your beard should have given me the hint I needed ;)

dnyan likes this.