Forums Latest Members
  1. pwojnar Mar 7, 2016

FRONT1.jpg COVER1.jpg Hello everyone. New guy here with some questions. I have a few modern Omegas that I purchased at an AD but this is the first older model that I purchased off an individual. Could someone chime in and please let me know what it is I have here, more importantly is it authentic? All the photos I can find of this 1020 caliber show either a sticker with the serial number on it or an engraved serial number. This one does not seem to have one. It was a good deal, but the more research I do the more it seems like it is too good to be true. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

MVTLG.jpg MVTLG2.jpg SIDE1.jpg
    Edited Mar 7, 2016
  2. TexOmega Mar 7, 2016

Hello and welcome.

Pictures that can be seen would be a nice place to start.

3. pwojnar Mar 7, 2016

sorry, first post, made the changes

4. Willem023 Mar 7, 2016

From what I know:
    - dial seems re-done at some point: I have never seen the 'constellation' leaning leftwards like that (or it might be the pics out of focus). Swiss made is missing also.
    - neither have I seen the cal-number 'just engraved': might be that this particular part of the movement was lost somewhere and same part from an other cal is used? And then just stated 1020 to be sure that somewhere the cal is mentioned?
    - dials states 'chronometer', which always implies that the movement is 'adjusted'
    - bezel seems to be worn rather much too
    All in all: I would stay far away from it.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 7, 2016

Just too many flags on this one in my opinion, walk away.

6. pwojnar Mar 8, 2016

OK, thanks so far for the advise. I learned now that I should have done this before making the purchase but I was anxious and made a foolish mistake. So I guess a better question would be, since I did not pay much for this at all, how would I go about getting an original dial and a correct movement 1021 and guaranteeing it authentic? Would this even be worth doing, or should I just wear this as is for what it is? I live in Hawaii so there are not many options out here as far as parts for these I assume. Thanks again for the advise guys. This will teach me to slow it down and do research before just buying shiny things.

7. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Mar 8, 2016

According to this site the 1020 is not chronometer rated. Flag.