Forums Latest Members

Omega Constellation Chronometre; is the caseback original?

1. TheBosston Mar 29, 2020

Dear omega connaisseurs

There is an Omega Constellation Chronometre, cal. 561 (automatic) for sale.
    The case, the indexes and the hands are made of steel. But the casback (the constellation-logo i guess) is in gold. Has anyone ever seen such a model?

I don't know about the serial / ref. number but since the offer is about to end in an hour it's not possible for me to get them. Normally I do my research properly but I just found about the offer so I do need your help.

Thank you so much!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-29 um 20.00.24.png Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-29 um 20.00.03.png
  2. seekingseaquest Mar 29, 2020

No problem there - all of the 14381 and 14393 (yours is a 14393) references had the gold emblem, regardless of dial furniture and case material.

The watch is nice - go for it.

Passover and TheBosston like this.
  3. TheBosston Mar 29, 2020

@seekingseaquest
    Thank you so much for your fast reply, I really appreciate your help!
    I will go for it und tell you about how it went.
    Thank you!

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 29, 2020

Case is nice and sharp. Only flaw there is the bad scratch on the back.

Dial looks correct but there is some environmental damage. The seconds hand is not correct. It is way too long. The hour and minutes hand are rusty. The whole set should be able to be replaced by a watchmaker with an Omega parts account.

All depends on the price.
    gatorcpa

TheBosston and OMEGuy like this.
  5. TheBosston Apr 1, 2020

@gatorcpa
    Thank you for the additional information about the watch. I let the auction pass and the watch was sold for around 1250 USD which seemd a bit much considering the work that I would have had to put in to make it "original" again.
    Thank you anyways for your great support!