Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Constellation Chronometer F300, rare octagonal case with NOS croc band

1. Tom Dick and Harry May 19, 2015

Evening all

I have had this watch in my collection for over six years, I have worn it but no where near enough to justify keeping the poor little thing sitting around idle.

Connie 1.jpg

It is an extremely rare (a word used regularly but I can only find one other for sale anywhere) Constellation Chronometer with octagonal case. The case is pretty much perfect, a few light marks but nothing that detracts and the images show the watch extremely well.

The watch was serviced two years ago, it has since has a couple of new batteries and all told runs well and strongly and all functions work as they should.

Connie 2.jpg

The watch is presented on a NOS Omega alligator skin band, completely correct for the watch and a very rare factory option, the band is unworn and as you can see simply perfect.

I have no doubt anyone reading this will know exactly what these F300 watches are and represent but in case you don't:

They were Omega first electronic chronometer, fundamentally a mechanical movement but controlled but a battery and using a tuning fork system, the movement is a work of art and genuinely something to behold. because of the tuning fork system (300hz) the second hand sweeps smoothly and the watch makes a humming noise when running, hence the nick name hummers!

Connie 3.jpg

The watch comes with the original F300 instructions booklet and new Omega service pouch. Those of you who know me know that I like my Omegas and particularly Omegas of this vintage and this one is a real gem.

Connie 4.jpg

Dimensions are a substantial but wearable 37mm (ex crown) X 40mm X 11mm

I am looking for a very reasonable but firm £325 for the watch shipped RMSD

Payment via BT or PP gift (or you cover fees)

Thanks Tom

DirtyDozen12 and blufinz52 like this.
  2. Northernman Lemaniac May 19, 2015

A very cool and underestimated model! Yours is in a remarkably good condition as well! :thumbsup:
    At the price it should move quickly!
    GLWS!

3. Tom Dick and Harry May 19, 2015

Thanks all

Now OHPF

Thanks Tom

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 19, 2015

Well that was f'in' fast! Congrats to both buyer and seller!

rogart likes this.
  5. rogart ray it again, Ram. May 20, 2015

Thanks.