Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Constellation Chronometer 167005, boxed and unrestored

1. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 5, 2014

Evening all

I have the opportunity to buy a really special Omega (to me) so it requires letting go of some of my other pieces. Staying with my Constellation theme I am offering up a relatively recent acquisition.

_DSC0244.JPG

This is a beautiful Omega stainless steel constellation chronometer watch from the 1963, this is a totally stunning original and unmolested example (although experts on Connie please put me right if my assessment is incorrect). These models are very similar to the famous pie pan, although you will no the dial doesn't have the 'pie pan edges' and the shorter pie pan hands. This watch is totally complete and original, unlike so so so many and the dial is as fresh and original as it was the day it left the factory.

_DSC0235.JPG _DSC0234.JPG

Reference is 167005, calibre 551, 24 jewel movement, which is chronometer rated. I have been advised that the 20 million serial number on the watch dates it to 1962/3. It’s is outstanding original condition and a very good example. It is one of the best and most original examples I have seen. The watch has a few light wear marks and a couple of tool marks on the case back but I have opted not to refinish these as I don't believe looking at the crispness of the watch it has ever been refinished

It has been to my watch maker to check originality and authenticity, movement in near perfect condition with near perfect plating, I did not have it serviced as it is running as it should and keeping extremely accurate time (deviation of 4 SPD on the wrist).

_DSC0225.JPG _DSC0226.JPG

The watch came in what I assume is it’s original box, the insert was missing so I have hand made a correct replacement one, this is identical to the original and the faux leather matches the original near perfectly.

_DSC0227.JPG _DSC0246.JPG _DSC0247.JPG

I have matched the watch up with a Hirsch genuine crocodile band and period Omega buckle, this was original a strap model but the strap had degraded and was beyond salvage

I am looking for what I hope people will agree is a very reasonable £750 shipped RMSD or International signed for

NOW SOLD

I have plenty of references, including long established forum members

Payment via BT or paypal as either a gift for you cover the fees

Many thanks Tom

Edited Dec 6, 2014
  2. Ferik Dec 5, 2014

Pardon my ignorance but what's the watch size?

3. Hijak Dec 5, 2014

These are ~34.5mm cases Farik. They wear a bit larger because of the thin bezel though. This looks to be a very nice example at a good price.

4. Ferik Dec 5, 2014

It looks superb. Unfortunately anything much smaller than 38mm looks really tiny on me.

5. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 6, 2014

Watch now sold, thanks

JohnSteed, Mothra and bigdubnick like this.
  6. Northernman Lemaniac Jan 20, 2015

Hi, please edit the Title to SOLD.... Makes it easier for us punters to search out stuff to buy:D!

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 20, 2015

Fixed it